Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:On Thursday off to a place called South West Rocks, its about 3-4 hours up the coast from Newcastle (NSW), sort of out of the way and its more to relax and enjoy than run around.

Up until recently my family took in 2 foster children for 6 months (both under 2 years old, so 3 kids under 2, with my one daughter included running around was very tiring), they have being reunited with their father now so this trip for 4 days will hopefully do us good to recharge the old batteries.

Not too much to do but there is a lighthouse, a gaol, plenty of nice beaches, captain Cook's lookout and a few shops. Will be taking my daughter there so she can run around on the beaches.

Peaceful i hope :thumbup:
My brother fostered for many years, hard work sometimes but so rewarding. Sounds like a lovely break, enjoy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:On Thursday off to a place called South West Rocks, its about 3-4 hours up the coast from Newcastle (NSW), sort of out of the way and its more to relax and enjoy than run around.

Up until recently my family took in 2 foster children for 6 months (both under 2 years old, so 3 kids under 2, with my one daughter included running around was very tiring), they have being reunited with their father now so this trip for 4 days will hopefully do us good to recharge the old batteries.

Not too much to do but there is a lighthouse, a gaol, plenty of nice beaches, captain Cook's lookout and a few shops. Will be taking my daughter there so she can run around on the beaches.

Peaceful i hope :thumbup:
My brother fostered for many years, hard work sometimes but so rewarding. Sounds like a lovely break, enjoy.
It was very tiring sometimes, we both not spring chickens anymore although i'm considered a young one on this forum (at 48, look at how old thread) but when their father was ready to take them back, to see their faces light up was a big plus. My partner in the future wants to do emergency respite for a couple of days per week which would be much easier.

And thanks i hope it is a nice trip :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Finished work yesterday morning and started a 17 day break, can't recall the last time I had so many days off work.
Flying out to Venice on Friday for a week as part of our 10th wedding anniversary. We've been there a few times before although the last visit was 6 years ago. Have booked us in at a couple of restaurants that we already know and looking forward to a week of relaxation, good food (mainly fresh fish) and the odd bottle or 2 of wine.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

BrighouseWhite wrote:Finished work yesterday morning and started a 17 day break, can't recall the last time I had so many days off work.
Flying out to Venice on Friday for a week as part of our 10th wedding anniversary. We've been there a few times before although the last visit was 6 years ago. Have booked us in at a couple of restaurants that we already know and looking forward to a week of relaxation, good food (mainly fresh fish) and the odd bottle or 2 of wine.
Enjoy your trip Brighouse, lucky you getting to eat fresh fish, love my fish :D
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:Finished work yesterday morning and started a 17 day break, can't recall the last time I had so many days off work.
Enjoy your trip Brighouse, lucky you getting to eat fresh fish, love my fish :D
Thanks. It's that fresh if you walk through the market in the morning they are still trying to jump out of the containers.

Have to say we nearly missed out on going because Booking.com cancelled our room with 2 weeks to go. We booked it a year ago and they must have done a test run on the bank card, but it was refused because the card had been renewed in the meantime so the expiry date was different. Instead of letting us know and giving us 24 hours to re-submit the card, they just cancelled our holiday. We managed to get another room at the same hotel albeit the last one available for our dates, so we'll see how good the room is.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sounds good Brig, enjoy :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Have a good one pal :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Right! Here goes again.

What I Did On My Holidays

15th of September: Train to Eastleigh. We were sailing on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton the following day but the boat show meant that every hotel was booked up. Got off the train at Romsey to change for Eastleigh. No trains due to Guard's strike. Should have stayed on the train to Southampton. Not a good start but it got better. Eastleigh wasn't as bad as I'd remembered.
16th: Taxi to Southampton Docks, pulled up next to a gurt big ship and had our luggage taken off us. Went through the passport check and boarded at about 3 o'clock. We queued for a bit and were then shown to our room … sorry cabin … sorry stateroom.
And there was our luggage. Ooh! Cheers for that.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

The first night we got used to dressing for dinner - suits and jackets only for men after 6pm, for women it was what ever dressy stuff they wanted as they could be trusted to look good. Apparently.
After dinner, which was always nothing less than stunning, we went to the Royal Court Theatre for some musical theatre from the resident musical theatricalists. Thence to the night club where covers band, Purple Haze, were playing. They were very good and we kept bumping in to them wherever we went. They seemed to be playing everywhere.
17th: We were diverted south via the Bay of Biscay to avoid Storm Helene. I say "we", obviously I mean the liner. We weren't cut loose on a tender and told to row for our lives. That would be silly.
The Bay of Biscay isn't the calmest bit of sea so it got a bit rocky. And then the tail of Storm Helene caught us. Alison was a touch green around the gills at dinner.
This window was next to our table at dinner and it had waves crashing over it.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sounds great Sniffer, have a great time. My only cruise was on a troopship. My 'state room' was shared with about 250 others. The only plus was that we didn't have to bother dressing for dinner. :D Keep posting the pics.
I once played against Don Revie.