Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Travel

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Infantile & lavatorial humour I suspect from not as I suspect a 12 year old but someone a lot older. It does demean this forum in my opinion.
Yeah, you're right, CW.
I guess I'm just railing against years of working in a strictly PC environment by joining in myself.
I did think twice before posting my equally inane response. I'll edit the offending posts now.

Sorry about that - normal, mature service has been resumed !
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

You guys get around!

I've been to Italy twice, Tokyo, Toronto, St.Thomas in the Caribbean, and most of the continental US. I'm typing this from holiday at Universal Studios in Florida. In fact, I met some nice folks from Manchester here yesterday. We were getting on well, so I decided to not bring up football.

If you have not been to the Cinque Terre region of Italy, it was my favorite place to visit. Amazing views, hikes, and food. I would go back now. Right now.

Selby White wrote:
Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
Fado Atlanta?! Awesome! I live in Atlanta, and that's where the Atlanta Whites gather to watch LUFC games. Glad to hear it holds up when compared with pubs from across the pond.

If any of you swing by the southeastern US, or any other parts, do let me know! I can point you to much better places to eat than crappy Hooters!
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

USA for Leeds wrote:some nice folks from Manchester
eh? :eh:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
USA for Leeds

Post by USA for Leeds »

SMorientes wrote:
USA for Leeds wrote:some nice folks from Manchester
eh? :eh:
It was such a shock, I kept waiting for the clock to strike midnight and turn them into pumpkins.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

With the holiday season fast approaching thought I'd resurrect the travel thread as i know a few on here enjoy their trips around the world.

Managed to add Cuba, Tuscany, Berlin and Madrid to my list of places visited last year and am already planning a couple of "firsts" for me early this year.

First up will be Vienna in march a city i've not been to although been to Austria visiting various places among the lakes along with a day Salzburg. Got a very good deal for flight and 6 nights for two of us through my Avios points.

Then in April will be visiting a completely new continent for me when I go to South America. Going to Argentina (Buenos Aires) somewhere I've wanted to go for a long time. Wanted to add a few days in Chile (Santiago) while over there but couldn't match up the flights and prices so that will have to stay on my "places to see list".
Checking the football fixtures as one does I'm in the Argentine capitol when the "Superclassico" takes place (Boca Juniors v River Plate) wonder what the odds are of getting tickets (although not mentioned it to my better half yet).

So anyone else any big travel plans this year ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Well I am going to Northumberland in June :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

I've just paid for 5 nights in New York in October. It's a place I'd never really thought about going to but the other half was keen (she mentioned something about shopping ...). Anyway, we're going with an old friend who used to live there and who goes back most years. He'll steer us clear of the tourist traps and point out the best places to visit/things to do. There are a few music related walking tours that you can do, apparently, so I've gone from not particularly fussed to dead excited. And I've only got 9 months to wait.
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Nothing too exotic but Leeds in a few weeks,then off to france for the euros then lanzarote in September!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby having visited Buenos Aries a couple of times it's like any other major city in as much pickpockets operate particularly on the main drag Florida Street. We've never had any problems but just to let you know it does go on. The steak houses in BA are amazing with probably the best steak I've ever eaten. Last time we were there I went to Boca Juniors ground & as the gates were open asked a chap if I could look inside he just shrugged his shoulders & walked off so we went in & took a couple of photos.

Staying with Boca Juniors we went into a bar & the owner told me why they play in yellow & blue. When the club was formed they decided to go to the docks & whichever ship came in they'd use those colours the first ship to come in was Swedish hence the colours.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ruelfox wrote:Nothing too exotic but Leeds in a few weeks,then off to france for the euros then lanzarote in September!
Daft question, but presumably you have got tickets for the England games ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.