Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: Travel

Postby NottinghamWhite » 19 Jul 2021, 10:12

Wigan White wrote:Just back from spending a couple of nights in Llandudno.



We had a couple of nights there a couple of years back had the grandson for a couple of hours we had a trip on the little train, he had his first donkey ride , watched Punch & Judy & ended up having reasonable fish & chips from a place opposite the tram terminal ( I think that’s what it was )
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 28570
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Travel

Postby Selby White » 19 Jul 2021, 10:42

Wigan White wrote:Just back from spending a couple of nights in Llandudno.

Weather was a little warm to say the least. Found a couple of great pubs where we could sit outside and I had some really good real ales.

Now got a sunburned forehead because the forehead is slightly bigger than it used to be. :roll: .

A very enjoyable few days.


Was going to do Wales on our last train trip which included the north coast, west coast and back across the middle. However when I looked into it so many trains were replacement buses we decided to do a England tour instead.
One for the future possibly.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 14598
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Travel

Postby Wigan White » 19 Jul 2021, 11:09

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Just back from spending a couple of nights in Llandudno.



We had a couple of nights there a couple of years back had the grandson for a couple of hours we had a trip on the little train, he had his first donkey ride , watched Punch & Judy & ended up having reasonable fish & chips from a place opposite the tram terminal ( I think that’s what it was )


That will be the tram that takes you up the Great Orme. One of the pubs we went in was almost opposite that chippy, called the King's Head.
User avatar
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 13:19
Location: Wigan

Re: Travel

Postby LAsouthcoast » 01 Aug 2021, 09:25

Got back yesterday from 5 days at The Waterside Caravan Park in Weymouth with my wife, daughter and the Grandkids, first time for the Grandkids and they loved it, i can recommend the place, plenty to do, clean and modern and connected to a lovely little bay which was great.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: 26 Jul 2015, 10:58

Re: Travel

Postby bc grinner » 02 Aug 2021, 18:37

Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).
User avatar
bc grinner
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 03 Jan 2020, 16:26
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: Travel

Postby Selby White » 03 Aug 2021, 08:00

bc grinner wrote:Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).


Was fortunate enough to visit Yellowstone 8 years back on a touring holiday
Was lucky that it closed week after us along with all the National Parks when there was a strike with the Park Rangers.
Was also supposed to visit Bryce & Zion on that trip bet they were later so the strike stopped us.
Also had to visit a different section of the Grand Canyon (Indian Land) as the National Park again was closed, Was booked in a hotel in the Park but ended on finishing the trip with extra nights in Vegas.

Fortunately have seen Bryce, Zion & the Grand Canyon on different trips over.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 14598
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Travel

Postby bc grinner » 03 Aug 2021, 14:57

Selby White wrote:
bc grinner wrote:Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).


Was fortunate enough to visit Yellowstone 8 years back on a touring holiday
Was lucky that it closed week after us along with all the National Parks when there was a strike with the Park Rangers.
Was also supposed to visit Bryce & Zion on that trip bet they were later so the strike stopped us.
Also had to visit a different section of the Grand Canyon (Indian Land) as the National Park again was closed, Was booked in a hotel in the Park but ended on finishing the trip with extra nights in Vegas.

Fortunately have seen Bryce, Zion & the Grand Canyon on different trips over.


The Grand Canyon gets the hype but, if you were only able to visit one of your planned destinations, I'd go with Yellowstone. A few extra nights in Vegas isn't bad though...depending upon your luck. ;)
User avatar
bc grinner
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 03 Jan 2020, 16:26
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: Travel

Postby Selby White » 03 Aug 2021, 17:59

bc grinner wrote:
Selby White wrote:
bc grinner wrote:Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).


Was fortunate enough to visit Yellowstone 8 years back on a touring holiday
Was lucky that it closed week after us along with all the National Parks when there was a strike with the Park Rangers.
Was also supposed to visit Bryce & Zion on that trip bet they were later so the strike stopped us.
Also had to visit a different section of the Grand Canyon (Indian Land) as the National Park again was closed, Was booked in a hotel in the Park but ended on finishing the trip with extra nights in Vegas.

Fortunately have seen Bryce, Zion & the Grand Canyon on different trips over.


The Grand Canyon gets the hype but, if you were only able to visit one of your planned destinations, I'd go with Yellowstone. A few extra nights in Vegas isn't bad though...depending upon your luck. ;)


After Yellowstone we stayed a couple of nights in your town bc, Salt Lake City. On our spare day visited the Salt Lake of course but then went to Park City.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 14598
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: Travel

Postby bc grinner » 03 Aug 2021, 18:38

Selby White wrote:After Yellowstone we stayed a couple of nights in your town bc, Salt Lake City. On our spare day visited the Salt Lake of course but then went to Park City.


Used to have season passes at the ski resort in Park City in my younger days. Hope you had a chance to see the Olympic venues. In the summer, it's always fun to watch the aerial ski jumpers landing their tricks in the swimming pool.
User avatar
bc grinner
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 277
Joined: 03 Jan 2020, 16:26
Location: Salt Lake City

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests