Iceland
Faroes
Finland
Portugal
Greece
Spain
Romania
Bulgaria

New countries I'm visiting this year are Turkey, Poland & Lithuania, at the moment.

Next time you post on this topic, just put the countries you haven’t been to, it will be much quicker.
:o :shock: :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Travel

Post by johnh »

NW, don't see Singapore or Malaysia on that list, thought you had been there? Didn't you stop at Singapore your way to Oz?
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Add Cyprus and Thailand to the "to do" list great places loved both of them and the people in both places were wonderful.. Isle of Man is worth an afternoons visit too.

Fantastic list there NW :clap: I would guess you hate flying then lol.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Places I've been to that NW hasn't.

Singapore
Malaysia
Senegal
Mauritius
Cyprus
Bahrain
Pakistan
Thailand (I think it was Siam when I went :shock: )

Mind you, that is most of the countries I've been to. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Ive been to Borneo, Mount Kinabalu to be exact our hotel overlooked the mountain. Saw my best ever electric storm there, unbelievable
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Wow NW, :clap: :clap: :clap: Your certainly have been around the block, Nepal twice en all, I like traveling but I have no way been around the four sides of the globe, Have not touched Africa or the Americas as yet but maybe someday i will. I will be going to Kuala Lumpur in two weeks time with my wife for a few days for the second time. Last year it was Kota kinabalu and that was a beautiful place where Tropical Jungle meets the City. It was the first time i had tasted cottage pie in four years and my word it was excellent.

Keep traveling, it broadens your mind and this world and its people never ceases to amaze me.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

CorkWhite wrote:
Keep traveling, it broadens your mind and this world and its people never ceases to amaze me.
Totally agree with that :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

As everyone else has said, that was a great read Sniffer! I remember my Mum and my Auntie once went ona cruise that went through the Bay of Biscay during a storm and they suffered! I've only done one cruise so far - we did the Baltic and I think I've posted on that here before. We really enjoyed it - stopped at loads of different countries on that one, one each day apart from a two day stop in St Petersburg. We stopped at places lke Helsinki. Stokholm, Tallinn, Gdansk, some place in Germany where all I can remember was the nudist beach!, St Petersburg, Great memories. I know New York quite well too - albeit a mate of mine posted a picture on Twitter only yesterday, he's in New York now and I thought "Ah, he's on the top of the Empire State.... I tweeted him something to that effect and he came straight back to inform me he was on the Rockefeller! He also pointed out that the Empire STate was right in the miccle of his picture.... I think I need to go again soon as the memory is obviuosly fading! Great read Mr Sniffer!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

dlw10 wrote:As everyone else has said, that was a great read Sniffer! I remember my Mum and my Auntie once went ona cruise that went through the Bay of Biscay during a storm and they suffered! I've only done one cruise so far - we did the Baltic and I think I've posted on that here before. We really enjoyed it - stopped at loads of different countries on that one, one each day apart from a two day stop in St Petersburg. We stopped at places lke Helsinki. Stokholm, Tallinn, Gdansk, some place in Germany where all I can remember was the nudist beach!, St Petersburg, Great memories. I know New York quite well too - albeit a mate of mine posted a picture on Twitter only yesterday, he's in New York now and I thought "Ah, he's on the top of the Empire State.... I tweeted him something to that effect and he came straight back to inform me he was on the Rockefeller! He also pointed out that the Empire STate was right in the miccle of his picture.... I think I need to go again soon as the memory is obviuosly fading! Great read Mr Sniffer!
Thanks, dlw, and everyone else. Glad you liked it.
We went up the Rock last time we were there. The thing about going up that rather than the Empire State Building is that if your up the ESB you can't see the ESB whereas from the Rock you can see both the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. Iconic buildings that you want in your photos. You also get a great view of Central Park.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Countries I have visited so far includes:

Ireland = in order to appreciate any other country and their culture, always travel your own first, Gives you a better perspective on life.
UK (all parts including Norn Iron) = second home (even if i was born in the UK, I'm Irish but i still love my birth place.
France
Belgium
Holland
Germany
Greece
Turkey
Morocco
Spain
Malaysia
Indonesia
Hong Kong and Southern China, Guilin is an amazing place. should check out the beautiful scenery there.
Qatar