Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:There's an Ivy restaurant in York now tried booking a table last night apart from silly o clock I've got one at 17:45 on Thursday am dying to try their cottage pie :D
You've got me with that one NW, where is it ? certainly not been to it.
Enjoy your trip as I'm sure you will :thumbup:

St Helens Square, they were doing it up last time we were up there. Always wanted to go to The Ivy in London but as a substitute this will do ;)
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

CorkWhite wrote:What I enjoyed most of all was the Cottage pie I tasted which was my first cottage pie in over three years. It was delicious. I miss certain things about home and Cottage pie/shepherds pie are among the missed foods.
Hope you enjoy the meal NW.
Our lass does a mean cottage/shepherds pie but The Ivy are famous for there's so watch this space :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:There's an Ivy restaurant in York now tried booking a table last night apart from silly o clock I've got one at 17:45 on Thursday am dying to try their cottage pie :D
What a fantastic restaurant this is, not cheap but what's the old adage you get what you pay for. I did have the cottage pie & it was delicious. Cannot recommend this establishment enough.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
What a fantastic restaurant this is, not cheap but what's the old adage you get what you pay for. I did have the cottage pie & it was delicious. Cannot recommend this establishment enough.
Will look that one up, thanks for the recommendation :thumbup:

We occasionally have a cottage pie, Mrs SW does enough for two days when she makes it, has also started using sweet potatoes for the mash, she does a great job.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Buenos Nochas from Puerto Rico Gran Canaria. Still 20 degrees at 11.15pm, sat outside having a cerveza. :thumbup: :wave:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

PockWhite wrote:Buenos Nochas from Puerto Rico Gran Canaria. Still 20 degrees at 11.15pm, sat outside having a cerveza. :thumbup: :wave:
Enjoy :thumbup:

-1 here and I'm doing stupid sober January :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

And I'm on the South coast of Spain not doing that stupid sober thing :D

Dutch 3rd division team SV Duindorp are staying at same hotel, here on a training camp.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just booked a 2 night break for Sunday & Monday in a nice coaching hotel in The Peak District. Open fires, cask beers, fine wines, good food & Johnny Bairstows autobiography. Joy of it is it's so far removed from where we live but only a 45 minute drive away.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I can't wait to retire me. I just need to start saving first. :D

Enjoy your respective trips chaps!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

This time next week i will be on my way for a 14 days cruise around New Zealand (4th Feb to 18th Feb)

stopping at places like
Bay of Island (7th Feb)
Auckland (8th Feb)
Tauranga (9th Feb)
Wellington (11th Feb)
Picton (12th Feb)
Dunedin (14th Feb)
the Sounds (15th Feb)
Back home 18th Feb

New Zealand is one of the few places that i want to visit and have been looking up lots of places to see and go to (yes even some Breweries as NZ has some great craft beer), only thing is for once i am doing well in the last man standing and its very doubtful i will be around to put my picks on :(

only miss one Leeds game against Sheffield United so unless the ship has some great TV channels i won't get to see it.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.