Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:

You couldn't pay me to set foot in Turkey.
I just couldn't do it ... scum. What a mediaeval country that place is ... let alone the obvious history, their treatment of women is appalling.
I feel the same but the wife wants to go & it's only for a day & a half. I'll not spend a dime there that's for sure ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Aces wrote:I've been to Ibiza more than 30 times, I love it there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you serious ??

Blimey. You an old raver, or what ? :crazy:
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote: I feel the same but the wife wants to go & it's only for a day & a half. I'll not spend a dime there that's for sure ;)

My man ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: ;) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by The Young Bremner »

rigger wrote:I've driven across America twice and spent about a two years of my life in southern Africa (Zimbabwe and RSA) over the last two decades since my sister married a Zimbo farmer.
Apart from that, I've also spent a fair amount of time in France (had a French gf for ten years), been to Spain four or five times, Germany three times, Italy twice, Scotland and Ireland a couple of times, Wales more times than I'd like and Greece once.

For the future, I'm going to Portugal for a few days in a fortnight - with Bugsy and Tommy Lamph from the leedsunitedfanclub site. We're hoping to see Sporting v Benfica as we'll be in Lisbon for that weekend - a massive derby !! - but may well end up seeing either Vitoria Setubal or Estoril if we can't get tickets for what should be a sell-out.

I went to Berlin with them both a year or so ago as well as regularly meeting up either down south or for Leeds matches, and funnily enough we had a conversation about a year ago about where we'd like to go if we could choose anywhere. Tommy Lamph's real name is Terry and he travels four or five times a year, mostly to bonkers non-mainstream places like Belize, Israel, Peru and - jealous! - Cuba.
To a man, we all said "Japan!" so that's our next trip. We're gonna discuss it on this break and see how we feel about it - how long we'll go for, when, etc - but I can't wait to go there. I love technology, gaming and anime plus really like how they're nuts for rock-n-roll and karaoke in general and I think some of the women are the most beautiful on the planet :D

I think I'll stop there ! :o

Your quite right on Japan Rigger, that’s my next trip I'm planning with my gf and her sister in December..... Really cant wait for it.
The first few days around Tokyo really will be memorizing!!!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The Young Bremner wrote:

Hats off to you thats quite a collection!

Any reason why you haven't really been around East Asia?
No real reason just not got round to it yet. Thailand is high on the bucket list.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can't match NW but mine are:

America
France
Germany
Switzerland
Austria
Belgium
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Monaco
Cyprus
Bahrain
Pakistan
India
Thailand
Malaysia (Malaya when I was there)
Singapore
Sri Lanka (Ceylon when I was there)
Mauritius
South Africa
Senegal (French West Africa when I was there)

If I had to choose one place to visit before I depart this mortal coil, it would be to stay in the UK. :thumbup:
Ilkley Moor would do.
Last edited by johnh on 27 Jan 2015, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

rigger wrote:
Aces wrote:I've been to Ibiza more than 30 times, I love it there.

Are you serious ??

Blimey. You an old raver, or what ? :crazy:

Es Cana mate, it's fantastic, chilled out and my sister has a 5 star apartment that she lets us have for next to Nowt. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

When we retire in about 6 years, I aim to visit as many capital cities in Europe as possible. I love the history of it all, the museums, the historic buildings and nightlife, I can't wait. Rome and the Coliseum is my number one place I have to visit, I'm a massive Roman history fan.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SiMamu wrote:I've been to Devon and Cornwall a few times to nick some daffodils, it was an absolute riot.
If no one gets or appreciates this reference, I'm joining WACCOE.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

SiMamu wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I've been to Devon and Cornwall a few times to nick some daffodils, it was an absolute riot.
If no one gets or appreciates this reference, I'm joining WACCOE.

I was gonna say you should've gone to Wales .. I don't get it, mate - enlighten us before you Foxtrot Oscar :D