Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Travel

Post by The Young Bremner »

Aplogises If a thread like this has been made, I couldn't find one.
Where is everyones favourate place to travel or best place they have been to so far.....

I have family living in Singapore and I must say its the cleanest country I have ever been to.

My favourate place so far must be the phi phi islands in thailand, took a boat ride and island hopped there for a day and I must say its paradice, especially if your into scuba diving.....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So many places that I've been exceptionally lucky to visit. I've visited all 7 continents on my travels & seen some spectacular places on my travels. When I think back my parents never left the UK so I know how lucky I've been. I've got to go out but will post more later.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I've been to Australia twice for 4 weeks and 5 weeks, to Perth and Brisbane and thought both places were fantastic. So much so, we paid for a residency visa to go live there, got jobs, was ready to move, but my wife got cold feet, so we didn't go. One of the biggest regrets of my life TBH, Australia is just so fantastic, the housing, the beaches, the outdoor lifestyle because of the incredible weather. Ah well, I have a great life here in the UK, I'm part time, I have a week off work every month and only work four days per week and can retire at 60 on a good pension, so it's not all bad. Going to Mexico next month to the fourth best rated hotel in Cancun the Sun Palace and I can't wait, it looks fantastic and you can't beat some winter sun.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've driven across America twice and spent about a two years of my life in southern Africa (Zimbabwe and RSA) over the last two decades since my sister married a Zimbo farmer.
Apart from that, I've also spent a fair amount of time in France (had a French gf for ten years), been to Spain four or five times, Germany three times, Italy twice, Scotland and Ireland a couple of times, Wales more times than I'd like and Greece once.

For the future, I'm going to Portugal for a few days in a fortnight - with Bugsy and Tommy Lamph from the leedsunitedfanclub site. We're hoping to see Sporting v Benfica as we'll be in Lisbon for that weekend - a massive derby !! - but may well end up seeing either Vitoria Setubal or Estoril if we can't get tickets for what should be a sell-out.

I went to Berlin with them both a year or so ago as well as regularly meeting up either down south or for Leeds matches, and funnily enough we had a conversation about a year ago about where we'd like to go if we could choose anywhere. Tommy Lamph's real name is Terry and he travels four or five times a year, mostly to bonkers non-mainstream places like Belize, Israel, Peru and - jealous! - Cuba.
To a man, we all said "Japan!" so that's our next trip. We're gonna discuss it on this break and see how we feel about it - how long we'll go for, when, etc - but I can't wait to go there. I love technology, gaming and anime plus really like how they're nuts for rock-n-roll and karaoke in general and I think some of the women are the most beautiful on the planet :D

I think I'll stop there ! :o
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I've been to Devon and Cornwall a few times to nick some daffodils, it was an absolute riot.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Places visited.

USA (3visits)
Canada
Trinidad & Tobago
Cuba
St Lucia (2 visits)
Jamaica
Costa Rica
Guyana
Ecuador
Peru
Argentina (2 visits)
Brazil (2 visits)
Uruguay
Falkland Islands
Antarcticia
South Africa ( 2 visits)
Swaziland
Ethiopia
Mozambique
Gambia
Kenya
Egypt (2 visits)
India (2 visits)
Nepal ( 2 visits )
Sri Lanka
Borneo
Australia
Oman
France
Ireland
Germany
Belguim
Italy
Estonia
Russia
Holland
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Iceland
Faroes
Finland
Portugal
Greece
Spain
Romania
Bulgaria

New countries I'm visiting this year are Turkey, Poland & Lithuania, at the moment.

Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I've been to Ibiza more than 30 times, I love it there.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:
New countries I'm visiting this year are Turkey, Poland & Lithuania, at the moment.

You couldn't pay me to set foot in Turkey.
I just couldn't do it ... scum. What a mediaeval country that place is ... let alone the obvious history, their treatment of women is appalling.
Deleted User 728

Nice list though, mate - some great destinations in that lot ! :D

Also, might be going to Poland myself later this year - been invited by a mate and I'm kinda curious ...
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by The Young Bremner »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Places visited.

USA (3visits)
Canada
Trinidad & Tobago
Cuba
St Lucia (2 visits)
Jamaica
Costa Rica
Guyana
Ecuador
Peru
Argentina (2 visits)
Brazil (2 visits)
Uruguay
Falkland Islands
Antarcticia
South Africa ( 2 visits)
Swaziland
Ethiopia
Mozambique
Gambia
Kenya
Egypt (2 visits)
India (2 visits)
Nepal ( 2 visits )
Sri Lanka
Borneo
Australia
Oman
France
Ireland
Germany
Belguim
Italy
Estonia
Russia
Holland
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
Iceland
Faroes
Finland
Portugal
Greece
Spain
Romania
Bulgaria

Hats off to you thats quite a collection!

Any reason why you haven't really been around East Asia?