Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Selby White »

Just arrived in Northern Ireland this evening got off boat at 7pm then an hour drive to hotel, now sat in restaurant with a pint of local brew and bottle of Rioja awaiting the food to arrive. :D

Giants Causeway and a walk in the area planned tomoz.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hope the weather holds for you Selby.
Beautiful morning out West.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:Hope the weather holds for you Selby.
Beautiful morning out West.
Hang onto that weather for next week :D

Nice morning here, just about to head for the coast.
A little bit limited on the walking as Cathy as a leg bandaged from top to bottom following a operation last week. Comes off tonight (the bandage not the leg) so should be more mobile for rest of trip.
kk white

Post by kk white »

You near Galway next week Selby?
I'm sure you told us already, but can't find the thread anywhere.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

kk_white wrote:You near Galway next week Selby?
Found it...''having a week near a village/town called Ballinasloe, Athlone looks the nearest big town.''
Let me know when you're around. Just might be able to meet you for a pint of local brew :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:
Found it...''having a week near a village/town called Ballinasloe, Athlone looks the nearest big town.''
Let me know when you're around. Just might be able to meet you for a pint of local brew :thumbup:
We are actually nearer to Galway City at a village called New Inn. Will arrive Saturday evening for a week. Few things planned but not specific days so could definitely meet up.
We are planning on visiting Galway City on one of the days.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:
kk_white wrote:
We are actually nearer to Galway City at a village called New Inn. Will arrive Saturday evening for a week. Few things planned but not specific days so could definitely meet up.
We are planning on visiting Galway City on one of the days.
Looking forward to it :thumbup:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Well, after a very dark 5 and a half months where I've been in dispute with my employer which culminated in me losing my job (still fighting , though, it's going to ACAS), we are hoping to relax for a while on a holiday we booked last year. Tomorrow we head down to Eastleigh for the night, not the most beautiful place in the world as I'm sure Rigger will affirm. Then, on Sunday afternoon we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York. The crossing itself takes 7/8 days, arriving in Brooklyn Harbour early on the following Sunday. We're travelling with friends and will be meeting more over there for an extravagant 65th birthday party. We're not flying back until 10 days later so we can take our time looking around and doing things we didn't get to see or do last time we were there.
I can't wait but packing is an absolute nightmare.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Wowsers Mr S, that sounds like a fantastic and well deserved trip. Have a great time. :thumbup:
Full report will be required on your return please! :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sniffer wrote:Well, after a very dark 5 and a half months where I've been in dispute with my employer which culminated in me losing my job (still fighting , though, it's going to ACAS), we are hoping to relax for a while on a holiday we booked last year. Tomorrow we head down to Eastleigh for the night, not the most beautiful place in the world as I'm sure Rigger will affirm. Then, on Sunday afternoon we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York. The crossing itself takes 7/8 days, arriving in Brooklyn Harbour early on the following Sunday. We're travelling with friends and will be meeting more over there for an extravagant 65th birthday party. We're not flying back until 10 days later so we can take our time looking around and doing things we didn't get to see or do last time we were there.
I can't wait but packing is an absolute nightmare.
Just whats needed Sniffer, have a ball and as PW says, reports must be sent !!!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders