Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Travel

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Well, after a very dark 5 and a half months where I've been in dispute with my employer which culminated in me losing my job (still fighting , though, it's going to ACAS), we are hoping to relax for a while on a holiday we booked last year. Tomorrow we head down to Eastleigh for the night, not the most beautiful place in the world as I'm sure Rigger will affirm. Then, on Sunday afternoon we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York. The crossing itself takes 7/8 days, arriving in Brooklyn Harbour early on the following Sunday. We're travelling with friends and will be meeting more over there for an extravagant 65th birthday party. We're not flying back until 10 days later so we can take our time looking around and doing things we didn't get to see or do last time we were there.
I can't wait but packing is an absolute nightmare.
Just whats needed Sniffer, have a ball and as PW says, reports must be sent !!!
Thanks, Gents. Yes, I've felt ground down by the b...…s, well we both have. It's truly buggered up the excitement and anticipation we should have been feeling but, hopefully, we can leave our shredded nerves on Southampton's dockside and relax. Full report of the high life, from the perspective of grubby festival goers, once we get back. :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:Well, after a very dark 5 and a half months where I've been in dispute with my employer which culminated in me losing my job (still fighting , though, it's going to ACAS), we are hoping to relax for a while on a holiday we booked last year. Tomorrow we head down to Eastleigh for the night, not the most beautiful place in the world as I'm sure Rigger will affirm. Then, on Sunday afternoon we will be boarding the Queen Mary 2 for a transatlantic crossing to New York. The crossing itself takes 7/8 days, arriving in Brooklyn Harbour early on the following Sunday. We're travelling with friends and will be meeting more over there for an extravagant 65th birthday party. We're not flying back until 10 days later so we can take our time looking around and doing things we didn't get to see or do last time we were there.
Sounds like the dogs danglies that trip Sniff. Great way to relax providing you miss that storm. ;) :D Joking apart have a gud en mate sounds like your ready to switch off for a few weeks. :thumbup:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Sounds like the dogs danglies that trip Sniff. Great way to relax providing you miss that storm. ;) :D Joking apart have a gud en mate sounds like your ready to switch off for a few weeks. :thumbup:
Too right, Vid. We absolutely need this now. It means I'm going to miss a couple of games while I'm mid-Atlantic but hopefully I'll catch up once I'm Stateside. ;) MOT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Hope you have a great trip Sniffer!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Enjoy Sniffer, will look forward to reading your report :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have a great trip Sniff :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nowt wrong with Eastleigh .. if you like charity shops, cheap market stalls and mobility scooters :D

Funnily enough, I was there last week with Jeanna who is a massive animal nut. She's got a husky herself but loves all dogs especially.
We'd sat in the park to have lunch in the sun when a woman walked past with a teeny-tiny handbag pooch of some kind - maybe a chihauauuauauauauaha (spelling ?)
Anyway, Jeanna got up to say hello but being the good person she is she asked permission before approaching, to which the woman snootily replied "No !" and pulled the obviously friendly little mutt away from her.

Very weird behaviour ..
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Did i hear Charity shops... That's mostly where i buy all my music from.. I'll be down on my mobility scooter at some point. :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby, the Met Office have issued a Status Orange wind warning for (amongst others) County Galway.
The warning will be valid from 5am Wednesday morning until 1pm Wednesday lunchtime...

Should be fine for careful travel, but just letting you know.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:Selby, the Met Office have issued a Status Orange wind warning for (amongst others) County Galway.
The warning will be valid from 5am Wednesday morning until 1pm Wednesday lunchtime...

Should be fine for careful travel, but just letting you know.
Thanks KK, Seen weather forecast and will hopefully just catch tail end of it when we come into the City. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.