Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

SiMamu wrote: If no one gets or appreciates this reference, I'm joining WACCOE.
WACCOE eh! You'll need to cuss & swear a lot more. There'll be a time to prove yourself in BoySpank as well & no it's not a pleasurable sexual experience. You'd be better off on MOT Forum but you'll have to learn smiley talk as opposed to posting actual sentences ;)
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I've been to Devon and Cornwall a few times to nick some daffodils, it was an absolute riot.
If no one gets or appreciates this reference, I'm joining WACCOE.

I was gonna say you should've gone to Wales .. I don't get it, mate - enlighten us before you Foxtrot Oscar :D
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 81055.html
An extract from Neil Warnock in the Independent in 2013:
4. Roadside daffodil thief

We were driving down a road with lots of wild daffodils on the verge on the way to Tavistock recently when I saw a woman had stopped her car and was picking them. Everyone was aghast. "Quick, blast your horn dad," said the kids. I said, "No chance", so they opened their windows, Sharon and the kids shouted, "Thief, thief!" I don't know whether she stopped, but I hope she felt ashamed. How selfish.
:D
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

The Young Bremner wrote:Aplogises If a thread like this has been made, I couldn't find one.
Where is everyones favourate place to travel or best place they have been to so far.....

I have family living in Singapore and I must say its the cleanest country I have ever been to.

My favourate place so far must be the phi phi islands in thailand, took a boat ride and island hopped there for a day and I must say its paradice, especially if your into scuba diving.....
Oooh that is a spooky coincidence...just been out for lunch with some people who recently visited Singapore and the thing they were most impressed with was "how clean it was everywhere" ! In terms of places that are well looked after I have to say I thought Slovenia was similarly "clean" and tidy everywhere and a there are some lovely spots there. I am well impressed with that list of destinations by Phil...it would take me hours to try to put own list together and I am sure I wouldn't remember them all. More interested now in where I will go in the future - next big trip hopefully is Canada in the Summer.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Zurich airport's like a bleedin' laboratory, it's so clean ... been there four times now, but never set foot anywhere else in the country :D
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I lived/worked in the following:

France & Monaco (18 months)
United States (4 years - visited 26 states)
Germany (3 years - not long enough!)

Been to (bold: more than 10 times)

Ireland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Latvia
Denmark
Poland
Romania
Hungary
Bulgaria
Croatia
Albania
Greece
Turkey
Czech Republic
Austria

Luxembourg
Netherlands
Belgium

Liechtenstein
Switzerland
Italy

Vatican City
Spain
Portugal

Canada
Mexico
Colombia
China
Hong Kong
India
South Africa

Japan is top of my list to visit. Also fancy Georgia because of its long history and winemaking. Montenegro, Argentina, Thailand and New Zealand have caught my attention. I'd even put Iran on the list as all the Iranians I've met have been very engaging people which encouraged me to discover the country's rich variety of attractions.

Pick one place from all of those? Impossible!

Luzern in Switzerland is breathtakingly beautiful. Although the path to Barcelona is well trodden these days it has a lot to offer. Cape Town and the area to its east is a spectacular mixture of wild ocean with whales, gentle pine forests and lush African vegetation that sticks in my mind. And the south of France where the Alps meet the Mediterranean has some spectacular vistas.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Some top lists there of places where some of you have been, my girlfriend would love most of them as she likes to travel. I've only been to -

England
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
France
India
Bali

As i live in Australia i already live in the best place to travel in and live in :D so i don't need to travel any further but i will as we are looking at coming back over to Europe in 2016 to see - Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Italy (as well as the UK).
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I'm impressed (or jealous) of some of the lists on here because one of my ambitions is to visit every continent and so far only visited North America (both the States & Canada) and plenty of Europe (Spain [Majorca, Barcelona, Benidorm & Malaga], France [Paris & Chamonix], Italy [Rimini, Cilento coast, Amalfi, Trieste], Malta, Denmark, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, Germany [Hamburg], Slovenia, Cyprus, Greece [Kos], Croatia [Isteria & Dubrovnik], Potugal [Lisbon & Madeira], San Marino, Bosnia & Montenegro), not to mention Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

Bit of a tourists rather than a beach bum so in the bigger countries list cities or areas rather than the country.
Love the States and done lots of City breaks usually putting two together on same trip including Chicago (my favorite more than 10 times), New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, St Louis, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles & Seatle.
Last 5 years have done a touring holiday over there seeing loads of things in between the big ciies :-
2010 - West coast - started from San Fran down to LA then inland via Palm Springs to Vegas
2011 - Phoenix- Sedonna- Flagstaff- Grand Canyon - Vegas
2012 - Did Route 66
2013 - Rapid City to Vegas via places like Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood, Yellowstone, Monument Valley, Salt Lake, Hoover Dam etc
2014 - Route 61 (follows Mississippi) - Chicago to New Orleans via St Louis & Memphis.

So far got couple booked this year, off to southern Spain (Nerja) in March (mine and her birthdays 4 days apart so covers both) and doing a walking holiday in Tuscany in April.

Provisionally planning a couple of city breaks using Avios points, I want to do Berlin and She wants to do Geneva so considering both at some stage.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I'm off to Mexico in March. I'm doing a month long volunteering project in Guadalajara, then afterwards I plan to travel a bit, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Monterrey and Chihuahua are on my list. Then I will be heading north for a couple of weeks, Los Angeles, Austin and finishing up in NYC before I head back. Beyond excited :thumbup:

So far I've been to New York City and Pittsburgh in the US, then only Europe otherwise: Spain, Germany, France (lived there for a year in the late 90s when I was younger), Italy and Greece.

My future travel plans are Cuba, South America, Puerto Rico, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Morocco, Portugal, Russia and Canada. But Mexico is my number one destination, then hopefully soonish I will go to South America, particularly Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:I'm off to Mexico in March. I'm doing a month long volunteering project in Guadalajara, then afterwards I plan to travel a bit, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Monterrey and Chihuahua are on my list. Then I will be heading north for a couple of weeks, Los Angeles, Austin and finishing up in NYC before I head back. Beyond excited :thumbup:

So far I've been to New York City and Pittsburgh in the US, then only Europe otherwise: Spain, Germany, France (lived there for a year in the late 90s when I was younger), Italy and Greece.

My future travel plans are Cuba, South America, Puerto Rico, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Morocco, Portugal, Russia and Canada. But Mexico is my number one destination, then hopefully soonish I will go to South America, particularly Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador.
SG,
Not sure if you are into your live music but I'm sure you'll have read about East 6th Street in Austin but the best music you'll find at a place called The Continental Club which is south of the river (over the famous bridge with the bats and keep walking), only a $5 taxi ride is best option.
http://www.continentalclub.com/Austin.html

Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote: Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
I've been to a few Hooters in my time - the food's surprisingly good :D