Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Selby White »

Just back from a week's dog & house sitting down south while the owners were on holiday.

Turned out an expensive trip when the car decided to lose its coolant due to a leaking radiator. Managed to top up with water to get back to where we were staying.
Fortunately found a decent local mechanic to replace the radiator but an unplanned expense is never good.

On top of that I've got a sore knee (old injury flared up) so hobbling around like the old man I am instead of the finely tuned athlete I tell everyone. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Going to Scarbados on Thursday for 3 nights the daughter & her husband are joining us for Friday & Saturday. On Friday we’ve VIP tickets for an evening with Josh Warrington & Jermaine Beckford at the Spa.
This was a really good both Josh & Jermaine were first class. Also caught up with a few Scarborough Whites I’ve not seen in ages we’ve all got a bit older :D Apparently anyone visiting Palma Mallorca look out for Luciano Becchio’s restaurant. Just Ipernema,

https://twitter.com/stone_jed/status/15 ... c95AiIiUUw
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Sorry I’ve seen Jed Stone and find him incredibly cheesy, sorry.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Just arrived back in Massachusetts after spending a few days in Kansas City for a family wedding.
My great nephew attended college out there and met a local girl.
He recently graduated college in accounting,bride is a teacher.
My Wife & myself were 'Grandparents' of the groom, being the senior people in our extensive family tree, normally we are addressed as Auntie & Uncle by everyone.
As usual at these type of gatherings I met people who I hadn't seen for years, People from about 10 states, Canada, and Africa attended.
I have the rest of the week off work now, relax and do a bit of fishing with the Groom's Dad.
Out there it was 95 deg F& humid everyday, glad to be back to somewhat normal temperatures.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:Just arrived back in Massachusetts after spending a few days in Kansas City for a family wedding.
My great nephew attended college out there and met a local girl.
He recently graduated college in accounting,bride is a teacher.
My Wife & myself were 'Grandparents' of the groom, being the senior people in our extensive family tree, normally we are addressed as Auntie & Uncle by everyone.
As usual at these type of gatherings I met people who I hadn't seen for years, People from about 10 states, Canada, and Africa attended.
I have the rest of the week off work now, relax and do a bit of fishing with the Groom's Dad.
Out there it was 95 deg F& humid everyday, glad to be back to somewhat normal temperatures.
Have been to the City of Fountains (KC claims more fountains than Rome I believe), was a few years back though. A bit of history along with some decent bars in the Westport District but other than that can't remember much.
For those into the history of the West some of the wagon train routes left civilisation there.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

The address of the house we rented was West Santa Fe Street, Olathe. KS 66061.
The Santa Fe Trail ran right through the town of Olathe.
When I get time I am going to research the history of the area, didn't realize there was so much history connected to that area.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Being a bit of a map geek, I love looking through the Midwest/West and finding the towns, some now cities, that where mentioned in old western shows and movies. Santa Fe being one of them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Being a bit of a map geek, I love looking through the Midwest/West and finding the towns, some now cities, that where mentioned in old western shows and movies. Santa Fe being one of them.
Me too :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Being a bit of a map geek, I love looking through the Midwest/West and finding the towns, some now cities, that where mentioned in old western shows and movies. Santa Fe being one of them.
Me too :thumbup:
Just found some photos from when I was in KC and had a picture of the marked spot in Westport where the Santa Fe, California and Oregon trails left to discover the west.
Oh and a good trivia question is Kansas City isn't in Kansas.

Talking of Santa Fe its somewhere else I visited but just for a few hours on a road trip (was staying in Albuquerque). Its a place to get your Indian crafts for souvenirs if that is to sort of things you like.