Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Davycc »

NW has the correct animal - Wildebeest. :D
Ok that's it... I'm sticking to Gnu from now on.
I Gnu you'd say that.
Oh deer..... :oops:
As Homer would say ... Doe :crazy:

Rein it in please or others will Fallow suit.
Agreed Davy.

We certainly don't want this thread to stagnate.
Nah, it'll always springbok up again.... tenuous ..... perhaps
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Off today to our favourite bolt hole in sunny Scarbados for 4 nights . Should’ve been for the cricket but that was cancelled, shame I was looking forward to seeing a few old faces & having a beer whilst chewing over the cud.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Off today to our favourite bolt hole in sunny Scarbados for 4 nights . Should’ve been for the cricket but that was cancelled, shame I was looking forward to seeing a few old faces & having a beer whilst chewing over the cud.
Enjoy mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Off today to our favourite bolt hole in sunny Scarbados for 4 nights . Should’ve been for the cricket but that was cancelled, shame I was looking forward to seeing a few old faces & having a beer whilst chewing over the cud.
Enjoy NW. :thumbup:

Assuming you drive up will have to arrange one time to break your journey here for a coffee stop (must pass near Selby) and say hello, I'm sure BB would come along also.

It's Taunton for us tomoz, got meal booked at 7pm and Mrs SW will need to eat quick to be ready for KO. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Enjoy NW. :thumbup:

Assuming you drive up will have to arrange one time to break your journey here for a coffee stop (must pass near Selby) and say hello, I'm sure BB would come along also.

It's Taunton for us tomoz, got meal booked at 7pm and Mrs SW will need to eat quick to be ready for KO. :D
I’m more of a pint man than coffee :D, but it’s a yes from me :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: I’m more of a pint man than coffee :D, but it’s a yes from me :thumbup:
Coffee was a codeword ;) :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: I’m more of a pint man than coffee :D, but it’s a yes from me :thumbup:
Coffee was a codeword ;) :D
Pint !!!!!! Let me know the date :cry:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote: Assuming you drive up will have to arrange one time to break your journey here for a coffee stop (must pass near Selby) and say hello, I'm sure BB would come along also.
Will definitely do this we’re back up again in 3/4 weeks ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote: Assuming you drive up will have to arrange one time to break your journey here for a coffee stop (must pass near Selby) and say hello, I'm sure BB would come along also.
Will definitely do this we’re back up again in 3/4 weeks ;)
Excellent hope we can hit a good day weather wise :thumbup:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Was thinking about things earlier, couldn’t sleep. My three favourite European countries are….

Spain especially away from the coast there’s some wonderful medieval towns and villages off the tourist track. Cities Seville and Cadiz are lovely places to visit.

Norway the fjords are so scenic and I particularly like Bergen. The only downside is the price of a beer which is ridiculous.

Romania rural areas are wonderful where crops grow with the aid of fertilisers hence you have corn fields with beautiful sunflowers growing in them. Milk is still delivered by horse and cart to the villages. The mountain areas are excellent as well.