Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Travel

Post by Grumpy »

Pity I didn't see this before Pock, we may have been able to sneak in a quick beer while you were here. I live in Harrogate!! not the one in Yorkshire but one in the Adelaide Hills basically between Victor Harbor (yes, that IS how it's spelt!) and the Barossa Valley. Both those lovely places you went to are well worth the visit and I hope you enjoyed. I had five of my rellies here at the start of the new year, basically to watch the cricket and I took them to both those places - as well as to the Adelaide Oval test (waste of time and money that was) :roll:

As for the rain, we hadn't had rain for literally MONTHS before then so sorry - but we loved it!!

OUR Harrogate is just a small settlement. No pub, no post office, no shops! Predominantly farmers plus a few tradies who mainly travel to work. My local here is in a smallish place called Woodside about 20kms away from where I live. Believe it or not, the local barber is fella called Pete Lupton who is also a Leeds supporter! LUFC clock in his shop, tats, car rego the lot. Amazing isn't it.

Anyway, enough prattling on from me but next time you're over please give me a call. Bring the family up for a beer (of course) a bonfire (in the right season) and a horse ride round our 100+ acres. :thumbup: :thumbup:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Wow that would've been amazing Mr G, maybe next time (hopefully)?
We are now on Catseye beach on Hamilton Island, in blue skies & 25° and it's only 11 o'clock!
Fly back to Brisbane tonight, then up with the kookaburra tomorrow to fly to Alice Springs. Got a week touring round Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock.
Hot days & chilly nights no doubt, hope Mrs PW has packed my thermals? :o :oops: ;)
G'day folks. :wave:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sounds like you're having a great trick Pock, good on yer :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

PockWhite wrote:Wow that would've been amazing Mr G, maybe next time (hopefully)?
We are now on Catseye beach on Hamilton Island, in blue skies & 25° and it's only 11 o'clock!
Fly back to Brisbane tonight, then up with the kookaburra tomorrow to fly to Alice Springs. Got a week touring round Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock.
Hot days & chilly nights no doubt, hope Mrs PW has packed my thermals? :o :oops: ;)

Wow, sounds like a perfect trip Pete! Bringing back memories of our trip down under back in 2007 - blimey , over ten years ago. We did Sydney, then flew to Ayers Rock where we did Kata Tjuta, Uluru, Kings Canyon and then on to Alice Springs. We then flew on up to Cairns, did the Kuranda Railway, the SKyrail Rainforest Cableway and then we did the Barrier Reef. We then had a quick look round Brisbane before flying home. Absolutely magnificent trip so keep those updates coming Pete - just got the pictures out from our trip to remind me about some of those places. See you back at Leeds soon.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

PockWhite wrote:Wow that would've been amazing Mr G, maybe next time (hopefully)?
Sounds like a really great holiday you're having. Have you got used to the different names for beers yet? Pints, pots, schooners, butchers, and in the NT handles (for a small beer in a glass with a handle). You've named a few places there where I haven't even been and I've lived here for over 40 years. Oz is a big place though as you will now know. Keep enjoying :thumbup: :wave:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Hello from sunny Montreal :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Selby White wrote:Hello from sunny Montreal :wave:
G'day from Ayers Rock. Hope you enjoy Canada SW :thumbup:

Just off for some brekkie then off for a guided walk round part of the base of Uluru. Doing a camel ride round another bit tomorrow and eating under the Stars tonight. I know I'm a romantic old dog!
Had a great couple of days at Kings Canyon. Up before dawn 2 days ago to do the Canyon Rim walk including the Garden of Eden. Stunning stuff. Took about 4 hours. Life in us old dogs yet thar knows!! :o ;) :D
G'day folks.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:Hello from sunny Montreal :wave:
G'day from Ayers Rock. Hope you enjoy Canada SW :thumbup:

Just off for some brekkie then off for a guided walk round part of the base of Uluru. Doing a camel ride round another bit tomorrow and eating under the Stars tonight. I know I'm a romantic old dog!
Had a great couple of days at Kings Canyon. Up before dawn 2 days ago to do the Canyon Rim walk including the Garden of Eden. Stunning stuff. Took about 4 hours. Life in us old dogs yet thar knows!! :o ;) :D
G'day folks.
Cheers PW been excellent so far :thumbup:

Sounds like yours is a real special trip, doing and seeing so much.

We are based in Montreal for the duration, it's actually a very unusual city, can't explain why but life seems much slower and laid back to anywhere else I've been.
We have been up in the Laurentian mountains, stunning scenary.
plenty left to see and do. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

G'day folks from Yulara in Northern Territory.
This morning we did the Walpa Gorge walk at Kata Tjuta, only 2.5kms, but took a good hour in the heat and rugged terrain.
Lunch at Uluru Cultural Centre, this afternoon been to see an Aboriginal cultural show at a local theatre and tonight doing the Sounds of Silence dinner under the Stars out in the desert.
Yesterday afternoon we did the base walk all round Uluru, 10.5kms (took 2.25 hours), utterly amazing place!
Cheers for now Cobbers.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Oh yes forgot to add that I did Uluru base walk in Leeds top and fleece. Fleece worn on side of Uluru in shadow and fleece removed/tied round waste on side int sun to show off my retro RFW top. :oops: ;) :angel:
Mrs PW less than impressed! :lol: