Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Wigan White wrote:Just back from spending a couple of nights in Llandudno.
We had a couple of nights there a couple of years back had the grandson for a couple of hours we had a trip on the little train, he had his first donkey ride , watched Punch & Judy & ended up having reasonable fish & chips from a place opposite the tram terminal ( I think that’s what it was )
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Weather was a little warm to say the least. Found a couple of great pubs where we could sit outside and I had some really good real ales.

Now got a sunburned forehead because the forehead is slightly bigger than it used to be. :roll: .

A very enjoyable few days.
Was going to do Wales on our last train trip which included the north coast, west coast and back across the middle. However when I looked into it so many trains were replacement buses we decided to do a England tour instead.
One for the future possibly.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
We had a couple of nights there a couple of years back had the grandson for a couple of hours we had a trip on the little train, he had his first donkey ride , watched Punch & Judy & ended up having reasonable fish & chips from a place opposite the tram terminal ( I think that’s what it was )
That will be the tram that takes you up the Great Orme. One of the pubs we went in was almost opposite that chippy, called the King's Head.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Got back yesterday from 5 days at The Waterside Caravan Park in Weymouth with my wife, daughter and the Grandkids, first time for the Grandkids and they loved it, i can recommend the place, plenty to do, clean and modern and connected to a lovely little bay which was great.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

bc grinner wrote:Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).
Was fortunate enough to visit Yellowstone 8 years back on a touring holiday
Was lucky that it closed week after us along with all the National Parks when there was a strike with the Park Rangers.
Was also supposed to visit Bryce & Zion on that trip bet they were later so the strike stopped us.
Also had to visit a different section of the Grand Canyon (Indian Land) as the National Park again was closed, Was booked in a hotel in the Park but ended on finishing the trip with extra nights in Vegas.

Fortunately have seen Bryce, Zion & the Grand Canyon on different trips over.
bc grinner

Post by bc grinner »

Selby White wrote:
bc grinner wrote:Just back from a 4 day trip to Yellowstone. We stayed in the Old Faithful Inn (my favorite place in the world as a kid).
Was lucky that it closed week after us along with all the National Parks when there was a strike with the Park Rangers.
Was also supposed to visit Bryce & Zion on that trip bet they were later so the strike stopped us.
Also had to visit a different section of the Grand Canyon (Indian Land) as the National Park again was closed, Was booked in a hotel in the Park but ended on finishing the trip with extra nights in Vegas.

The Grand Canyon gets the hype but, if you were only able to visit one of your planned destinations, I'd go with Yellowstone. A few extra nights in Vegas isn't bad though...depending upon your luck. ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

bc grinner wrote:
Selby White wrote:

The Grand Canyon gets the hype but, if you were only able to visit one of your planned destinations, I'd go with Yellowstone. A few extra nights in Vegas isn't bad though...depending upon your luck. ;)
After Yellowstone we stayed a couple of nights in your town bc, Salt Lake City. On our spare day visited the Salt Lake of course but then went to Park City.
bc grinner

Post by bc grinner »

Selby White wrote: After Yellowstone we stayed a couple of nights in your town bc, Salt Lake City. On our spare day visited the Salt Lake of course but then went to Park City.
Used to have season passes at the ski resort in Park City in my younger days. Hope you had a chance to see the Olympic venues. In the summer, it's always fun to watch the aerial ski jumpers landing their tricks in the swimming pool.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just back from a couple of nights away in Lincoln.
Not a city I've stayed in before but really enjoyed it, nice place.
Part of us visiting various places in the UK as we don't yet fancy going abroad again at this stage.

Plenty of places to see, the castle & cathedral are stunning but it gives your legs and lungs a work out going up that steep hill.

One of the better cities would go again.

Went on the train and changed at Newark on way down so planned a 4 hour break to have a look around and grab some lunch.