Scribblings

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Scribblings

Post by Davycc »

Guys, A couple of days ago I got the urge to write down a few Ideas. I have never written anything before so can't really explain this. I pm'd asked a couple of members for their opinions. due to the content one was from N.Ireland the other not just to see what they thought. dskimcbski and DLW kindly gave me their thoughts. dskimcbski ( a teacher of all people to send an error ridden grammatical attempt to, lol) suggested opening it to a wider audience. I know a few of you on here are not adverse to putting down thoughts on paper, Rigger etc so any input would be greatly appreciated good or bad as i believe that's the only way to learn.

Anyway it can be found using the icon in below my Avatar.

Thanks David
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: Scribblings

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey David

The first thing I'd say is that the homepage needs to be a bit more inviting as just the plain green text on a white background is a bit stark.
I would also break up the structure of the site, too, by using headers for separate pages. You might want to put Belfast as one page, Sport, History, Art, The North Coast, East Coast, The Lochs, etc ... however you want to categorise them is up to you but it would make it easier for a reader to navigate that way. If people can't find what they want immediately, they'll generally stop looking, so I would have a menu bar along the top of the page, ideally underneath a really cracking panoramic photograph of, say, The Giant's Causeway.

You've got a good sense of humour which comes through in your writing. I would include some links here and there as it enriches the content. For example, you mention Tayto crisps at one point and I immediately thought of Dara O'Briain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNSIV_nDeMo so why not embed the link in the word "Tayto" - it'll appear a different colour and be an obvious clickable link.
Other than that, I don't think it's too bad grammatically, but you could use a few paragraph breaks to make it easier on the eye.

Hope you don't mind me saying all this ... good luck with it all - remember to promote the heck out of the site on social media :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

By the way, I've been twice to NI and loved it both times. I find the people really down to earth and a lot of fun, while the country itself is breathtakingly beautiful. The pubs are great, the roads are terrible, the food's good (local seafood especially) and as a Guinness drinker the ale is wonderful. I love it on the coast: so craggy (just like being in an episode of Father Ted) :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Hey David

The first thing I'd say is that the homepage needs to be a bit more inviting as just the plain green text on a white background is a bit stark.
I would also break up the structure of the site, too, by using headers for separate pages. You might want to put Belfast as one page, Sport, History, Art, The North Coast, East Coast, The Lochs, etc ... however you want to categorise them is up to you but it would make it easier for a reader to navigate that way. If people can't find what they want immediately, they'll generally stop looking, so I would have a menu bar along the top of the page, ideally underneath a really cracking panoramic photograph of, say, The Giant's Causeway.

You've got a good sense of humour which comes through in your writing. I would include some links here and there as it enriches the content. For example, you mention Tayto crisps at one point and I immediately thought of Dara O'Briain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNSIV_nDeMo so why not embed the link in the word "Tayto" - it'll appear a different colour and be an obvious clickable link.
Other than that, I don't think it's too bad grammatically, but you could use a few paragraph breaks to make it easier on the eye.

Hope you don't mind me saying all this ... good luck with it all - remember to promote the heck out of the site on social media :D
Cheers mate I will take this all on board, all good points. thankyou. BTW the youtube link is priceless :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders