Sky TV

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sky TV

Post by NottinghamWhite »

After a post in another thread by Pecky it appears I may be paying over the odds for Sky. We are currently paying £89 and for that we get all the channels including sports and movies plus the Internet. Have phoned Sky on a couple of occasions but they are unwilling to negotiate this figure.
Winner of the Europa League
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Sky TV

Post by 18longleeds »

Tell them if they don't sort something out you will be switching to virgin media, I'm sure they will soon negotiate.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

18longleeds wrote:Tell them if they don't sort something out you will be switching to virgin media, I'm sure they will soon negotiate.
Spot on :thumbup:, I do the same with every supplier we have and they NEVER fail to offer you some form of discount to save you moving elsewhere.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

You are being ripped off by the sounds of it. sounds a bit high to me.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
18longleeds wrote:Tell them if they don't sort something out you will be switching to virgin media, I'm sure they will soon negotiate.
Spot on :thumbup:, I do the same with every supplier we have and they NEVER fail to offer you some form of discount to save you moving elsewhere.
When I moved house, Sky didn't want to give me the discount they were offering to new subscribers so I told them to cancel my contract and then I got put through to the retention team who gave me exactly what I asked for :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

We had Virgin Internet and telephone and TV with sky. Sky offered us a deal for one year at £25 a month less than what we were paying, which was about £100 so we now pay £75. If you work it out over the year 12x25 is £300 which isn't to be sniffed at, but after a year I will be paying £90 which is still £10 a month saving. I have friends who have been told sky won't offer them a deal because they are existing customers and the word is, you have to go to cancellations, who then might offer a better deal, but that's a ...... Might, I think you have to plan for them saying, ok ...... So your leaving. Best of luck.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Slightly off topic, but I 'haggle' about most things - well you do it abroad, so why not here.

I have lost track of the odd £5 or £10 I have saved on Suits, Shirts, Pictures (the list is endless). If you don't ask, you don't get and they can only say no which the local shop did when I offered 5p off the going rate for a pint of milk as it was on it's last day before it went off.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Slightly off topic, but I 'haggle' about most things - well you do it abroad, so why not here.

I have lost track of the odd £5 or £10 I have saved on Suits, Shirts, Pictures (the list is endless). If you don't ask, you don't get and they can only say no which the local shop did when I offered 5p off the going rate for a pint of milk as it was on it's last day before it went off.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Martin Lewis (Money Saving Expert - check out the website for deals and tips :thumbup: ) has pointed out in the past that every price tag is the price that the shop is offering you for the product; they offer you a price and you choose to accept it or not - so as Barlow rightly says, (I've never had the front to do it, mind ) you're allowed to go to Tesco and barter the price of your Groceries. They might say no but you can haggle over anything - supply and demand will determine whether they're willing to negotiate :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I'll call them later that's for certain. Until we moved we had Virgin Media with a TiVo box which we preferred to Sky if I'm honest. The problem is its not available here, mores the pity.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:Slightly off topic, but I 'haggle' about most things - well you do it abroad, so why not here.

Feel like I'm in a Souk Market in Marrakech :D