Sky TV

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Sky TV

Post by dlw10 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:After a post in another thread by Pecky it appears I may be paying over the odds for Sky. We are currently paying £89 and for that we get all the channels including sports and movies plus the Internet. Have phoned Sky on a couple of occasions but they are unwilling to negotiate this figure.
That does seem a lot! I pay 66.75 for all the channels but don't have my internet with them - if i did I would not expect to pay twenty odd quid for it!
As to the "tell them you will go elsewhere" I am not sure that works anymore. I did it a few years ago when a mate told me he'd done it - just ring up say you have to cancel becasue you can't afford it any more. I did that and they immediately offered me a six month half price deal. However, another mate of mine tried it recently and they just said OK, when do you want to cancel from!!!!!!!Having said that, my son has just set up home in a flat and he has got a deal fro something like £35 for all bar movies. They then came back to him to say it was a mistake and it should be £65. My lad said, no way Jose, and in the end they agreed to leave it!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Sky TV

Post by Sheepy »

I cancelled Sky and for about 3 months afterwards they called me on a weekly basis to try and get me back with various offers. They were like an ex-girlfriend that could'nt move on.