I'm very sorry (Yet Again!!!)

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

I'm very sorry (Yet Again!!!)

Post by Malcolm Stark »

Again, last night, I went all Johnny Giles, overeacting to an innocent comment, having five or six pints while out.

This is the third time I've got a little angry about nothing, after getting drunk, before feeling remorse in the morning at work.

I like it here, but I understand if I upset the harmony too much, and some of you want me gone. Totally understand.

Do you want a late night drunken loose cannon on here? :oops:
Deleted User 130

Re: I'm very sorry (Yet Again!!!)

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Don't know what's occurred but how about don't go on forums when drunk? A bit like drunk driving but at least drunk posting doesn't kill.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Can't speak for everyone mate, but I haven't ever found anything you've said particularly offensive. I thought the thing you said last night was more tongue in cheek, but if it was actually drink fuelled, it still wasn't particularly bad. There are late night posts on here after a few glasses of wine fairly regularly but it all blows over and no-one holds a grudge.
What's more the fact that you've made a repentant post says a lot. Bogdan & the mods on here run a fairly tight ship (that's not to say intolerant, just not willing to allow obstreperous and regularly rude behaviour) but none have had to give you a warning or owt so far. It tends to be the recalcitrant and unrepentant posters that find themselves out on their rear, your contrition here shows you are not a troll and I for one enjoy your contribution to the forum.

Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think you've caused any real bother mate, stick around. :thumbup:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I haven't seen anything bad on here, it helps that we all support Super Leeds, so I think there's a mutual respect from the start.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Aces wrote:I haven't seen anything bad on here, it helps that we all support Super Leeds, so I think there's a mutual respect from the start.
:wave: :shh: He's not a Leeds fan Aces, he's a football fan (and a Newcastle fan).
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just read the post in question, I personally thought you were having a laugh, whatever it wasn't taken personally so let t drop. Your a good poster and though I may not agree with everything you do post that's bye the bye.

Hurry up and get that last man standing finished so the majority of us on here can have another crack at it ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Had to have a look back there mate as I couldn't find anything that would upset anyone. If its the post where you state "come on and try it",

Then yes I'll take yo up on that, I'll have have a go.

As long as its the late night tipple your on about and it has to be red wine!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Malcolm Stark

Post by Malcolm Stark »

SMorientes wrote:Can't speak for everyone mate, but I haven't ever found anything you've said particularly offensive. I thought the thing you said last night was more tongue in cheek, but if it was actually drink fuelled, it still wasn't particularly bad. There are late night posts on here after a few glasses of wine fairly regularly but it all blows over and no-one holds a grudge.
What's more the fact that you've made a repentant post says a lot. Bogdan & the mods on here run a fairly tight ship (that's not to say intolerant, just not willing to allow obstreperous and regularly rude behaviour) but none have had to give you a warning or owt so far. It tends to be the recalcitrant and unrepentant posters that find themselves out on their rear, your contrition here shows you are not a troll and I for one enjoy your contribution to the forum.

Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think you've caused any real bother mate, stick around. :thumbup:
Cheers mate, it was more of a "come on then, come on then" type stand-off. Beer-induced indeed. I do it constantly on xpert eleven, particularly in the infamous EST league, which is nearly as active as this Forum. Considering xpert eleven has been struggling in recent years, in terms of activity, that is quite an achievement for a 48 team strong private league. I often go on there, late at night, letting off steam, swearing, etc, cos everyone else does the same.

This animal here, though, is quite a different matter. It's full of respectable, and respectful, Leeds United fans, a group of fans that I expected to be insular, bitter and cold, considering your history. I've got to be more careful.

ONS is quite right. I shouldn't come on here when drunk. But I do, I just do. :D

Thank you for your words, Morientes.
Malcolm Stark

Post by Malcolm Stark »

Aces wrote:I haven't seen anything bad on here, it helps that we all support Super Leeds, so I think there's a mutual respect from the start.
No mate, Morientes is right. I'm not a Leeds fan. I was, between 1973 and 75, when I was 9-11 years old, so subsequently THAT Leeds team holds a great affection in my heart. But after 75, because I lived in Newcastle, I became a Newcastle fan, and never really took too much notice of Leeds.

I've grown back in love of football between 67-76, though, over the past five years, but Leeds were easily the best of all teams from that great era.

I am a football fan, as Morientes said, and I've read loads of books over the last five years, but more than any others, Leeds players' autobiographies, and books by Phil Rostron, Gary Edwards and Robert Endeacott stand totally high over books about all other clubs.

It was just a highly competitive era, founded from the grass roots of clubs, the last such era when nineteen different teams won major trophies, nineteen different teams were involved in title races after February, and ten English different teams reached European Finals. That last stat was only beaten by Italian clubs in the 90s.

As I said, Leeds were the best team from those ten years, but that's not why I'm here. It's because the debates and discussions are passionate and brilliant.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I like having you here MS (obviously when you make certain remarks :D ) but I'm near shocked that you were getting a bit 'lairy' so in future, put some lemonade in your drink, you're much better than that sort of behaviour, and I do mean that.