Just good beer...

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Just good beer...

Post by Mr Russell »

More of a beer drinker than a wine or spirits

Favourites here in Oz are
James Squire - Hop Thief no 5 is their best. They have around 8 beers and a cider.
Murphys - Angry man/Whale ale
Hunter Brewing company - Their ginger flavoured beer is fantastic

Uk Beers
Fullers
Hobgoblin
Landlord (Keighley's own)
Samuel Smiths

Always enjoy a good beer, every year in a place near where i live (Newcastle NSW) they have a beer festival which funnily enough is held in a Gaol which has long sinced closed, this festival gives new and up and coming brewers a chance to shine and show what they have got.............always good fun :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'm quite 'into' cask ales these days as the boozer I go to in Rothwell always has about 5 guest beers on the go. My favourites are Saltaire Blonde, Sunchaser and Cumberland Ale.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Have just returned from a nice weekend away int Cotswolds with Mrs PW ;)
Anyways have been suppin' a local brew from down there called Arkells.
Not heard of it before this weekend.
There were 4 differents taps at t'hotel bar and I found myself particularly partial to their 2B & 3B! :thumbup:
Very nice indeed!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Last weekend went to the Bitter & Twisted Newcastle Beer festival, payed $90 for a 4 course meal with matching beers plus you get some beer tokens as well.

Best beer i tasted was the The Rocks Seasonal IPA although the Dark Side of Juniper which i had to my Beef Wellington was a delight for dark beer lovers. This festival is for all micro breweries new and old. Including beer they have flavoured beers (ginger, chilli, chocolate etc), cider, wines and various foods. They also have music which this year was very good as the main band was a mix of reggae, ska and folk music.

Roll on next year
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

PockWhite wrote:Have just returned from a nice weekend away int Cotswolds with Mrs PW ;)
Anyways have been suppin' a local brew from down there called Arkells.
Not heard of it before this weekend.
There were 4 differents taps at t'hotel bar and I found myself particularly partial to their 2B & 3B! :thumbup:
Very nice indeed!
Bitter Beer and Best Bitter Beer (2 and 3Bs!) Arkells has been around for yonks but is not often spotted too far away from its Swindon base.
Long time since I enjoyed a pint of Arkells'