Daily newspaper

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Daily newspaper

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What daily paper do you read ? For me I have been reading the Daily Telegraph since I can remember, personally think its a great read. Now I have retired it has become a daily ritual that with my first cup of coffee of the day I have to do the quick, although in my case not so quick crossword. The sports coverage I find good as well, no rumour mongering just tend to stick with the facts.

So what's your daily read, looking forward to seeing what our overseas members read as well.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Re: Daily newspaper

Post by Deleted User 130 »

The closest I come to actually reading a daily is the Mail, simply because I enjoy the sudoku puzzles and Scrabble :oops: I usually but not always read the sport but for actual news I listen to the radio, watch the evening news and rely on Teletext.

I read more of the Sundays because they're less politicised, if that's a word. I bloomin' hate inaccurate, prejudiced and sensationalist reporting and that's just about all the dailies offer us. And since my Dad died, I've stopped getting the Yorkshire Evening Post too, which was a hard decision to make as we got it for 30 years without fail but generally it was only the sport that interested me or local news stories involving people/areas I know. I think the YEP will fold, no pun intended, before I do.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

I quite enjoy reading the freebie Metro on the train when I have to go to London but mostly because I can catch up with main news and sport and do all the Sudokos to get my brain into gear during the first hour of the journey leaving the second hour for productive work. :angel:

ONS, I hate the Daily Mail but mostly for their completely over-the-top sensationalist reporting over stupid things - especially lightbulbs :D
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I'm not surprised :D
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Agree with Pecky, the Mail is the last paper I would read.
Mirror for me & the telegraph on Saturday(for the supplements)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My old fella used to walk a mile and a half each morning in all weathers for the Daily Express, just thinking out loud I can't remember the last time I saw anyone reading one. Do they still publish :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

I check the Daily Mail website daily to catch up on investigative journalism from the Romanian slums which are going to feed hundreds of thousands of TBC-infested drug-addict benefit-scrounging thieves as of January 1st next year. :D
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Bogdan wrote:I check the Daily Mail website daily to catch up on investigative journalism from the Romanian slums which are going to feed hundreds of thousands of TBC-infested drug-addict benefit-scrounging thieves as of January 1st next year. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

It's said that newspapers will disappear, along with landline phones before too long, as a result of the internet.

For my daily fix of news I rely on the BBC website; the Daily Telegraph website is good for football - I started using it since The Times started charging for accessing its website.

The only newspaper I buy is the Sunday Times. Football coverage and analysis are excellent, and there are many good columnists - Gill, Clarkson, Lawson, Knight.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Read The Guardian and The Observer, have done for 30 years or more. We have both delivered, it's a proper tradition which I would hate to lose. If either paper folded I think I would give up. Nowt else compares for me, the rest just make me angry. Only drawback is 'rugga' - both papers are full of the stuff. Nowhere near the top of my favourite sports. Insufficient RL of course and both papers think football is about The Prem. The sport they do cover is covered really well - fact and insight. I also knock off the quick crossword, if I'm lucky. Otherwise it provides a bit of fun on and off all day :idea:
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente