Computer Help again

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Computer Help again

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I'm afraid if it's been updated it probably means you'll have to sift through it all by hand for a week or so till you start to get on top of your regular contacts and the chancers ..
Deleted User 2747

Re: Computer Help again!!

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Frankie wrote:Hi, can anyone offer advice?

I am now on Windows 10 again and Outlook was recently 'updated' AAAAAAgh!
I am now getting more junk mail in my in-box than in my junk mail box and a lot of my actual mail is ending up in the junk mail box. How can I set this straight?

Microsoft! :roll:
I haven't used Outlook for years, I use BT Yahoo email which is okay but has its annoying aspects. It seems you need to set some parameters for your email content, but I'm just guessing there really.

Anyway, with BTY you have your Spam box which has filters & tick boxes such as 'Not Spam', does Outlook have anything like that? Also, in the Options for the BTY email accounts there is a Block Email Addresses section too, if Outlook has anything like that then get cracking with it, Frankie.
I do and have been blocking them. I have also had a look earlier about making rules for these, but this is a very confusing and intricate process.

Before the update it could tell the difference between junk and not junk - so much for progress. I do have a couple of other email accounts I may try using one of those as a basic one.

Thanks for your help.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Thanks, for your advice.

I am already sorting through them and always block the junk. I thought that maybe there was something I was missing as it has never been this bad before.

If it doesn't improve I will maybe use one of my other email accounts, I have a Yahoo and a Virgin email account.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can anyone answer this please?

I received an email from my son-in-law with two attachment photo's. I forwarded the email to a mate in Canada, a sister in Yorkshire and a sister in Germany. My mate in Canada got his OK. Both my sisters refused to go with a message saying that the data 'exceeded 15,000k.
How then, did my email get to me OK and the forwarded on to Canada get there OK?
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Must be something to do with the receiving email file limit, I guess ?

Some emails only allow up to 10Mb to be sent.

It might be worth you setting up a family gallery on https://imageshack.com/ John.

You can make it public or private and just send the links (with a password if you choose the latter option).

That'll save you the hassle of joining a social network like Facebook or Instagram but allow you some of the benefits at the same time 8-)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks Rigger.
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I run a laptop using Windows 8.1

Just this morning I switched it on to find I can't access my e-mail. This, I've learnt, runs using Windows.live as does the calendar app which isn't working either. Everything else is fine and I didn't make any adjustments/changes yesterday.

I've spent some time today, and a number of reboots, looking for solutions without success. Anyone got any ideas?

PS: can access my e-mail (yahoo.co.uk) on my i-phone.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

mapperleywhite wrote:I run a laptop using Windows 8.1

Just this morning I switched it on to find I can't access my e-mail. This, I've learnt, runs using Windows.live as does the calendar app which isn't working either. Everything else is fine and I didn't make any adjustments/changes yesterday.

I've spent some time today, and a number of reboots, looking for solutions without success. Anyone got any ideas?

PS: can access my e-mail (yahoo.co.uk) on my i-phone.
Have you tried System Restore?
Deleted User 728

Are you using outlook for email or web-based through your browser ??
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:Are you using outlook for email or web-based through your browser ??
I don't think I'm using outlook - when I hover over the icon it says Microsoft.Windows.Live.Mail, so could that be web-based? I'm guessing it uses a 'live' programme so that it can sync..........something which I don't need.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....