The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not used 10 yet but I need to get a new desktop soon-ish so I will do then.
I've got a Lenovo laptop that runs 8 and it's a superb machine. Never had any trouble with it and it starts up flawlessly, never taking more than a few seconds. It's three or four years old now but my last HP machine ran for about 10 years and I absolutely caned it, using it for DJing and dragging it around the world.

It's funny how TVs are built to die after a few short years but IT tech is pretty robust on the whole ..
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

At the moment I have an ant infestation happening in the house. I have bought the best type of chemical available and her indoors has sprayed as much as she could on where we thought they were coming from only to find out that its deeper than that, I followed the trails yes many trails, they are in the paneling of the walls, and in the ceilings of our one story house. Being in the Philippines they are quiet nasty little buggers too, they swarm quickly and there are a few varieties of them. The kids are getting bitten and we have tried the scented chalk etc. I would gut the whole place but its a rented house until our own is built. which is taking so long to get done. Its bad enough having to deal with Mosquitoes every day and I don't mind ants personally they are an amazing creature, but I admire them more when they stay out of the house and cupboards.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CW, I hope they are not termites. When I was in Singapore in the 1950's (National Service) the barracks were all wood built. The walls were ply board sections which had been whitewashed many times. I had a corner bed and often, if I was reading something, I would sit on the bed and lean back against the wall. One day I did this and went backwards through the wall. The termites had eaten the ply board and the umpteen coats of whitewash were still there like egg shell. This must have happened virtually overnight. Once got covered in very large red ants when on jungle patrol, they don't half give a fierce bite. Best of luck in getting rid. Isn't it the Landlord's responsibility?
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just off to the Dentist to have a couple of fillings re-done apparently the x-ray at check up showed a iffy bit under the origional filling.

So it's the national health drill for me.

Ps. Watched Marathon Man last night Mrs SW insisted :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

CorkWhite wrote:At the moment I have an ant infestation happening in the house. I have bought the best type of chemical available and her indoors has sprayed as much as she could on where we thought they were coming from only to find out that its deeper than that, I followed the trails yes many trails, they are in the paneling of the walls, and in the ceilings of our one story house. Being in the Philippines they are quiet nasty little buggers too, they swarm quickly and there are a few varieties of them. The kids are getting bitten and we have tried the scented chalk etc. I would gut the whole place but its a rented house until our own is built. which is taking so long to get done. Its bad enough having to deal with Mosquitoes every day and I don't mind ants personally they are an amazing creature, but I admire them more when they stay out of the house and cupboards.
A 50/50 mixture of baking soda (bicarbonate) and icing sugar is an effective cure for ants. The theory is that the ants are attracted to the sweetness of the sugar and then the alkaline baking soda reacts with the formic acid in their guts producing carbon dioxide causing them to explode! Ususally they take the bait back to the nest for others to enjoy as well!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:Just off to the Dentist to have a couple of fillings re-done apparently the x-ray at check up showed a iffy bit under the origional filling.

So it's the national health drill for me.

Ps. Watched Marathon Man last night Mrs SW insisted :shock:
"Is it safe?"
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

Robert Lewandowski has changed his manager
at first I thought it was Cellino :lol:
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

After spending four visits as an outpatient to Wexham Park hospital in Slough last week, I had to take her indoors to A&E today. They have kept her in and she is in the Christiansen ward. Not sure what to make of that!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:After spending four visits as an outpatient to Wexham Park hospital in Slough last week, I had to take her indoors to A&E today. They have kept her in and she is in the Christiansen ward. Not sure what to make of that!
Well, I'd take it positively in that it'll only be a short stay :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Got a stonking cold and cough, first for several years. So bad I had to cancel my snooker match tonight. I think its closer to man-flu than a cold! Her indoors is being discharged from hospital today so I will also have to be chief cook and bottle washer. What we men have to put up with. :shock: :D