Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bloody hell Davy what's the other fella look like :wtf:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

My dad rings me late last night....

Dad - “Kev, I’ve been transferred from Pinderfields to LGI, as they are going to operate on my brain”
Me - “What do you mean ?”
Dad - “They’re going to drill two holes into my head, stick some tubes in and drain all that blood away. Don’t bother coming to visit, as I’m going to be out of it for a while”

Thinking he was having one of his senior moments, I ask to speak to a nurse.....

Me - “Hi, I think my dads a bit confused, as he has just told me you are going to drill two holes into the back of his head, stick some tubes in and drain the blood away”
Nurse -“Yes Love, that’s exactly what we are going to do. The consultant will ring you later to get your consent”

:shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bloody Norah !

This place is mad as **** right now, isn't it ??

:o
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

rigger wrote:Bloody Norah !

This place is mad as **** right now, isn't it ??

:o
Too right.

It's getting more like the Lancet every day. :crazy:

Kev, hope everything goes OK for your dad. :thumbup:

Davycc, hope there's no lasting damage to your rugged good looks. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Wigan White wrote: It's getting more like the Lancet every day. :crazy:
And as Sir Lancelot Spratt always said "Eyes first and most, hand next and least and tongue not at all ..."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Cheers guys, I think the look went a long time ago WW. Kev your dads situation really puts things into perspective, hope all goes well for him, don't think I'd be so calm.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:My dad rings me late last night....

Dad - “Kev, I’ve been transferred from Pinderfields to LGI, as they are going to operate on my brain”
Me - “What do you mean ?”
Dad - “They’re going to drill two holes into my head, stick some tubes in and drain all that blood away. Don’t bother coming to visit, as I’m going to be out of it for a while”

Thinking he was having one of his senior moments, I ask to speak to a nurse.....

Me - “Hi, I think my dads a bit confused, as he has just told me you are going to drill two holes into the back of his head, stick some tubes in and drain the blood away”
Nurse -“Yes Love, that’s exactly what we are going to do. The consultant will ring you later to get your consent”

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Gee BB, that stuff really scares me and I'm sure you also.

But he's in the hands of those best to decide what to do and it's amazing what they can do.

Thoughts are with you and your Dad.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been feeling some real pain in my upper right arm for a couple of weeks following my own stupidity at the gym. After my moaning and groaning through Christmas, Mrs B insisted I go to the doctors, and booked me an appointment yesterday.

Doctor - “Unfortunately, it looks quite serious, I think you’ve torn one of your muscles in the arm”
Me - “What happens now Doc”
Doctor - “I’ll need to send you for a full scan, the appointment will be in around 10 weeks though”
Me - “Ok, how long will it take to heal on its own”
Doctor- “About 12 weeks”
Me - “For the sake of two weeks, don’t bother with the scan, I’ll just put up with it”
Doctor - “Now I’ve diagnosed it, you have to have the scan or you might sue us if it gets worse”

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Had all my x-rays, scans etc which have showed no broken bones, tendons or ligament damage.

I have started my course of steroid injections today. I think I’ve explained previously my phobia of needles (I have teeth taken out without anaesthetic my phobia is that bad), so it wasn’t easy for me but the Dr was fantastic.

Apparently, I won’t feel much difference for a few days, but whether it’s psychological or not I don’t know, but I’m sure I’m in less pain already - or maybe that’s the couple of pints I’ve had as reward for being a brave young man with my injection :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Well done BB. When I was a kid they used to give you a sweet if you didn't cry. Hope you enjoyed your sweet. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Well done BB. When I was a kid they used to give you a sweet if you didn't cry. Hope you enjoyed your sweet. :D
I didn’t get any sweets Sir John, I did notice one young lad with a sticker, but I didn’t get one of those either :thumbdown: