The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Congrats to you and the wife John. After being together for 60 years i think the Queen should delivery it personally.
That’s an idea Sir John, couldn’t Lizzie just pass it to Theresa who could drop it in on her way passed.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Congrats to you and the wife John. After being together for 60 years i think the Queen should delivery it personally.
That’s an idea Sir John, couldn’t Lizzie just pass it to Theresa who could drop it in on her way passed.
Well we only live 6 or 7 miles from Windsor Castle. Don't mind driving over to pick it up (or have it presented). :D Thanks BB and VHM.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:Congratulations, John - you're a remarkable man who's lived a remarkable life and I'm glad to know you :)
This :thumbup: 100% Your a treasure John, not only to your family but for the past few years on this website. Your experiences in life have brought me a lot of happy moments while reading them. I can only imagine how you have affected so many people along the way in sixty years of marriage. Congratulations and i hope there are many many more for you both.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How wonderful the trees are looking at the moment very autumnal. Reminds me of our trip to the USA during the fall.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:How wonderful the trees are looking at the moment very autumnal. Reminds me of our trip to the USA during the fall.
I nearly stopped reading that NW thought you were referring to Notts Forest ! Indeed was just thinking that myself yesterday while out.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Congratulations, John - you're a remarkable man who's lived a remarkable life and I'm glad to know you :)
This :thumbup: 100% Your a treasure John, not only to your family but for the past few years on this website. Your experiences in life have brought me a lot of happy moments while reading them. I can only imagine how you have affected so many people along the way in sixty years of marriage. Congratulations and i hope there are many many more for you both.
Thanks CW, that's very kind of you. I often think of you out there in the sunshine (and humidity unfortunately!) and hope that you keep safe end enjoy life with your family. If you ever come back over here, I hope that a 'meet up' would be possible. It certainly would be if you ever flew into Heathrow. :thumbup: Have been on this website for several years now but have only ever met one fellow 'Talker' - Rigger. Another great bloke and I am hoping to meet many more in the future.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

102 years ago yesterday Private Robert Haywood Jones from Armley was killed at The Somme. His body was never found but he is remembered at Bramley War Memorial. A century later millions of people worldwide mourned the death of his grandson David Robert Jones better known as David Bowie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Am heading to High Wycombe on Wednesday to pick up a wee car. Planning to meet up with Johnh for a spot of lunch and a pint, only one unfortunately as I'm driving to Liverpool for the ferry back. Checking the route using google and it gives me 3 option, (see below) the main one shows roadworks. Questions folks;

can anyone tell me how bad the roadworks are?
should I take one of the other routes?

Don't need to be at the terminal until 9:30pm so have time to take other routes.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

There's always road works more often than not there's usually a bit of delay, though nowt too serious. Have a good trip mate ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As some of you are aware I suffer with a bad shoulder, actually the trapezium muscle & have tried acupuncture, physios, chiropractors etc. Anyway I've discover cannabis oil, it's helping a lot. It ain't cheap but well worth it :D