The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Absolutely gorgeous day here in Berkshire. Just mowed my back lawn and will do front tomorrow. Can't do both on the same day now! Our central heating conked out at the week-end, fortunately we haven't needed it. Guy came to fix it today. Daughter came this morning with 5 or 6 bags full of shopping, so we are OK for a while. Hope everyone is well.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Absolutely gorgeous day here in Berkshire. Just mowed my back lawn and will do front tomorrow. Can't do both on the same day now! Our central heating conked out at the week-end, fortunately we haven't needed it. Guy came to fix it today. Daughter came this morning with 5 or 6 bags full of shopping, so we are OK for a while. Hope everyone is well.
Actually quite nice here too, skys a bit iffy though, seems to have a strange blue colour. 14 balmy degrees too #heatwave.

Stay sake everyone.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Absolutely gorgeous day here in Berkshire. Just mowed my back lawn and will do front tomorrow. Can't do both on the same day now! Our central heating conked out at the week-end, fortunately we haven't needed it. Guy came to fix it today. Daughter came this morning with 5 or 6 bags full of shopping, so we are OK for a while. Hope everyone is well.
Beautiful day here too Sir John, my boss (aka the wife) has had me jet washing the drive and every inch of the remaining resin surrounding the house we have. I was aching that much I’ve even had a bath tonight :D.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Beautiful day here too Sir John, my boss (aka the wife) has had me jet washing the drive and every inch of the remaining resin surrounding the house we have. I was aching that much I’ve even had a bath tonight :D.
BB, my drive and the path to the front door are block paving. I have a guy that pressure washes them every spring. I haven't contacted him yet as I don't know if he's classed as a 'key worker'. :?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
BB, my drive and the path to the front door are block paving. I have a guy that pressure washes them every spring. I haven't contacted him yet as I don't know if he's classed as a 'key worker'. :?
I do ours every year Sir John, I doubt it will be as hard as block paving, but it’s flaming hard work and I’m relatively fit really.

For the record, I can’t see your guy being a key worker, I’d pop round myself but I can’t afford the diesel :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just trying to claim rail fares back talk about difficult :twisted: blooming heck they couldn’t make it any harder.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just spoke to a friend on the phone and he was saying that 12 months how much he was looking forward to leaving the EU. 12 months on now he’s looking forward to leaving the house :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just trying to claim rail fares back talk about difficult :twisted: blooming heck they couldn’t make it any harder.
We were suppose to fly from Gatwick in March which was cancelled we had trains from Selby to Kings X booked and struggled to get money back from Hull Trains but they let us change the booking date so now going to London in May :shock: doubt that will happen so will need to try again once the lockdown is extended.
Same dates in March we had also tickets on Thameslink (St Pancas to Gatwick) which were refunded with no problems.
Really varies between companies.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

This has nothing to do with anything posted recently on this thread. It just came into my mind out of the blue. I was reading something and the name 'Huyton' jumped out at me. Huyton is a suburb of Liverpool. Just after the war, my mate at school, moved into a new council estate in Huyton. He invited me to go over there one Saturday to see their new house. In the afternoon we went for a kick-about on a football pitch almost opposite their house. Next to the football pitch was a German prisoner of war camp. Even though the war was over, there were still prisoners there awaiting repatriation. They were allowed to come and go as they pleased. There were a number of other lads on the pitch and we organised two teams for a match, though there were only enough for about seven or eight a side. This is when several German's came out from the camp and asked if they could join in. There were about six Germans and three went on one side and three on the other. I will never forget that experience as some of the Germans were very good players and there was a lot of laughter and joking. I read once that Bert Trautmann the Man City goalie was in a camp near Liverpool and have often wondered if he played that day. (1946/47)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:This has nothing to do with anything posted recently on this thread. It just came into my mind out of the blue. I was reading something and the name 'Huyton' jumped out at me. Huyton is a suburb of Liverpool. Just after the war, my mate at school, moved into a new council estate in Huyton. He invited me to go over there one Saturday to see their new house. In the afternoon we went for a kick-about on a football pitch almost opposite their house. Next to the football pitch was a German prisoner of war camp. Even though the war was over, there were still prisoners there awaiting repatriation. They were allowed to come and go as they pleased. There were a number of other lads on the pitch and we organised two teams for a match, though there were only enough for about seven or eight a side. This is when several German's came out from the camp and asked if they could join in. There were about six Germans and three went on one side and three on the other. I will never forget that experience as some of the Germans were very good players and there was a lot of laughter and joking. I read once that Bert Trautmann the Man City goalie was in a camp near Liverpool and have often wondered if he played that day. (1946/47)
John, please write your memoirs :thumbup: