The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Have my medical for the local rail network job today at 3pm. Been over 35 years since I last sat a medical :crazy:
Hope all goes well. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Am listening to the Alan Bennet ‘Talking Heads’ monologues on audio. Simply wonderful, funny, heartfelt depictions of the joys of Englishness in the latter 20th century. One I really enjoyed was about a vicars wife who was an alcoholic and had to go into Leeds to buy her booze. She ended up having an affair with the shop keeper & they have sex in the back of the shop using bags of lentils as a bed, marvellous stuff. Well worth a listen.

Good luck Davy ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thanks guys, at least I'll get a good check over :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Am listening to the Alan Bennet ‘Talking Heads’ monologues on audio. Simply wonderful, funny, heartfelt depictions of the joys of Englishness in the latter 20th century. One I really enjoyed was about a vicars wife who was an alcoholic and had to go into Leeds to buy her booze. She ended up having an affair with the shop keeper & they have sex in the back of the shop using bags of lentils as a bed, marvellous stuff. Well worth a listen.

Good luck Davy ;)
That story about the vicars wife, I believe I watched a version of that on BBC possibly 3 or 4 years ago, caught it halfway though and took me a while to work out what it was about. Trying to remember who played the wife.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

End of first week of house sale. 10 viewers and three offers. Hoping to find a buyer with no chain. Two possibilities. Interesting day today, three viewers. A French couple, an Asian couple and a Chinese couple. The Chinese lady was fluent in English but her husband wasn't. He asked questions in Chinese and she interpreted in English and then gave him the answer in Chinese. Don't know enough about Chinese to know if it was Mandarin or Cantonese. The Asian couple have a house but they are not going to sell, they are going to rent it out. Looks like the beginnings of a property empire! Still, it gives us the flexibility of being able to sort the move out quickly.
I once played against Don Revie.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

johnh wrote:End of first week of house sale. 10 viewers and three offers. Hoping to find a buyer with no chain. Two possibilities. Interesting day today, three viewers. A French couple, an Asian couple and a Chinese couple. The Chinese lady was fluent in English but her husband wasn't. He asked questions in Chinese and she interpreted in English and then gave him the answer in Chinese. Don't know enough about Chinese to know if it was Mandarin or Cantonese. The Asian couple have a house but they are not going to sell, they are going to rent it out. Looks like the beginnings of a property empire! Still, it gives us the flexibility of being able to sort the move out quickly.
Diary of a House Sale..................... :D :lol:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I have to smile we have a neighbour who must sit waiting for the bin men to come and as they approach he runs out with his empty bottles so no one can see what’s in his bags. It in my eyes is really pathetic :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I have to smile we have a neighbour who must sit waiting for the bin men to come and as they approach he runs out with his empty bottles so no one can see what’s in his bags. It in my eyes is really pathetic :lol:
We had a older couple (no longer with us) who didn't like to get their bins dirty and collected all their rubbish in carrier bags. During the night prior to collection day once everyone had put their bins out they would sneak and put their rubbish in any that had room :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We have a couple who go out for a walk every day, separately & at least once a day they take a bag of rubbish & put it in the bin at the local park. Not sure if they actually put their bin out if I’m honest. There’s some funny folk around.