The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blahblah of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Many many years ago when it wasn't frowned upon I had a grass snake which had a bit of a bent tail. No snakes here so it was a bit of a novelty. It escaped one evening and I eventually gave up looking for it. Nearly 18 months later there was a k ock on my door and the minister from the church about 1/4 of a mile away said someone told him I used to have one. Went up to the church and there was my snake coiled around a radiator. It was in really good shape too.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Just seen a big snake slithering it’s way across our garden, feel physically sick :oops: :oops: :oops:.
At one time was a member of Drax Golf Club (not too far from you) and was lots of grass snakes on there.
One day saw one that was at least 4ft long.

Also where I worked near the river used to get them in the summer months.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

This is why I don't do a lot of camping in North America - too many snakes (and bears and mountain lions... and crazy mountain people with guns! :lol:)
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:This is why I don't do a lot of camping in North America - too many snakes (and bears and mountain lions... and crazy mountain people with guns! :lol:)
Sounds like Beeston just down the road from me here ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:This is why I don't do a lot of camping in North America - too many snakes (and bears and mountain lions... and crazy mountain people with guns! :lol:)
Ahem :roll: :shock:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:
This isn’t the posh Beeston of Leeds this Beeston in Notts which is akin to a Favela in Rio de Janeiro or Soweto in South Africa. A no go area that is policed by Sherman tanks and SAS members. There’s a nice tea room there though :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

ChilwellWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:
This isn’t the posh Beeston of Leeds this Beeston in Notts which is akin to a Favela in Rio de Janeiro or Soweto in South Africa. A no go area that is policed by Sherman tanks and SAS members. There’s a nice tea room there though :lol:
:D

Sorry mate, I am defensive about my home town etc, never even entered my mind you were on about the place in Notts :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Sorry mate, I am defensive about my home town etc, never even entered my mind you were on about the place in Notts :thumbup:
Fella from a supporters club I used to be a member of headed over to a game a few years ago. Took the car over on the Liverpool ferry. Set his sat nave for Beeston (had booked a B&B) and off he went... to a B&B with the same name in Notts :D He did make the game but with the additional petrol and speeding ticket costs.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Davycc wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Fella from a supporters club I used to be a member of headed over to a game a few years ago. Took the car over on the Liverpool ferry. Set his sat nave for Beeston (had booked a B&B) and off he went... to a B&B with the same name in Notts :D He did make the game but with the additional petrol and speeding ticket costs.
:lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Tracey's son is bringing their year old Cocker Spaniel down today. It's not getting the attention it needs and is kept in a cage for long periods. It's even frightened of her son who has never owned a dog before and apparently shouting is his way of controlling the wee thing. We have had words a while back and now i think he realises he's done more harm than good. (they really didn't think when they got a dog) We're going to give it a few days here to see how it settles. I've no worries about Zac as he's a big softie and loves other dog even when they are brought into his territory. It's the cats that might be the issue, Zac was raised with them and treats them as buddies but Spaniels tend to have a big prey drive. Anyway fingers crossed we'll be able to take Willow and get her back to a happy pup. Not sure what the next move is if we can't but the wee thing can't go on living this way. The good thing is they know this and are taking action.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders