The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:Just had some bad news somebody I knew, really nice bloke as passed away, don't know circumstances but don't believe it's coronavirus related.
Also another chap from our small cul de sac died on Monday, sort of only knew him to chat on the street but again decent bloke. It's cancer related he's been fighting it a long time.

Sadly in the current situation that's two funerals we can't go to and pay our respects.
Hi Mick, I'm sorry but only just read this, I've been dealing with similar matters as you know.

You can still pay your respects even if not able to attend the funeral, even if it's just a matter of standing outside your house as the cortege passes or on the route to the crematorium.

Anyway, best wishes mate.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:For over 50 years I’ve been reading the Telegraph but am seriously thinking of jacking it in. I have the app on my iPad & for months there’s been problems with the crossword like not being able to send off a completed prize crossword. Now there’s no prize crossword & the pages aren’t opening up. It’s shambolic in this day & age. One of the few pleasures is first thing on a morning cup of coffee & the crosswords. I’ve contacted the paper on several occasions but never had a response. They’re happy to take their £26 a month.

Rant over :twisted:
The Telegraph must have read this as for the first time in absolutely months I’ve done the prize crossword & sent it in. Hallelujah :D
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just been in the garden & there was this loud wailing something akin to a banshee no idea what was making this horrible noise. Eventually tracked down the wailer & it turned out to be a squirrel. Honestly never knew they made this racket.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just been in the garden & there was this loud wailing something akin to a banshee no idea what was making this horrible noise. Eventually tracked down the wailer & it turned out to be a squirrel. Honestly never knew they made this racket.
Bob Marley & The Squirrels ?
Doesn't quite carry the same weight, does it ?? :shifty:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just been in the garden & there was this loud wailing something akin to a banshee no idea what was making this horrible noise. Eventually tracked down the wailer & it turned out to be a squirrel. Honestly never knew they made this racket.

It was going nuts I’ll get me coat :lol:
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

Can we get the thread back on Topic please ? :wtf:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

A hazelnut in every bite!
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

Pair of fruit and nut cases in my opinion. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

A hazelnut in every bite!
To paraphrase the old advert.. "What's got a hazelnut in every bite ! .. squirrel sh*t
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

We used to sing that as kids when the ad came on. I was trying to explain it to Jeanna but she didn't even know what a Topic was. The joys of having a foreign partner is the fun you have exploring each other's cultures. Most of the time...

On this occasion I just got rhe thousand yard stare!