The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Thanks guys. We were supposed to get the Estate Agent's 'measuring man' today to measure up all the rooms. Got a phone call to say he's got Covid! Hoping to get someone tomorrow.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had a delivery from Tesco where we maxed out on our wine order of 16 bottles why 16 ? I can understand 18 but how do they get that 16 is the maximum ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had a delivery from Tesco where we maxed out on our wine order of 16 bottles why 16 ? I can understand 18 but how do they get that 16 is the maximum ?
NW its 36 bottles at our tesco, could be a typo on the website.

Offer on until 29th Nov.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had a delivery from Tesco where we maxed out on our wine order of 16 bottles why 16 ? I can understand 18 but how do they get that 16 is the maximum ?

Offer on until 29th Nov.
I have never bought wine in bulk. Only ever buy one bottle, if I run out, tough luck but a danger of drinking too much if it is always available. I readily accept that you guys have more self control than me!
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:

Offer on until 29th Nov.
It definitely maxed out at 16 bottles maybe what it is on home deliveries.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our youngest had a meeting yesterday with her boss yesterday & one of the items under discussion was what to do for the Christmas party, she suggested ice skating but that was too risky as people could end up with broken limbs. She’s just had an email telling her they’re going axe throwing :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Our youngest had a meeting yesterday with her boss yesterday & one of the items under discussion was what to do for the Christmas party, she suggested ice skating but that was too risky as people could end up with broken limbs. She’s just had an email telling her they’re going axe throwing :lol:
Was at a wedding recently and the bride went Axe Throwing as part of her hen do.
More of a divorce thing I would think ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Bad start to the day.

I've had a sore elbow (Bursitis) which as caused a big inflamed lump. This morning caught it on the shower door handle and it burst causing blood to poor out down my arm the shower was a bit like that scene from Psycho (without the knife).
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:Bad start to the day.

I've had a sore elbow (Bursitis) which as caused a big inflamed lump. This morning caught it on the shower door handle and it burst causing blood to poor out down my arm the shower was a bit like that scene from Psycho (without the knife).
Argh, sounds horrendous - bursitis is bad enough on its own! Are you getting it medically attended to, mate?

I'm laid up with bad left knee again, this came about as a result of my right ankle problems. Had consultation last week for the ankle - it needs an op which sounds v gory and painful (well, don't they all?) with waiting list up to a year. That wait is actually better than I was expecting TBH.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Selby White wrote:Bad start to the day.

Argh, sounds horrendous - bursitis is bad enough on its own! Are you getting it medically attended to, mate?

I'm laid up with bad left knee again, this came about as a result of my right ankle problems. Had consultation last week for the ankle - it needs an op which sounds v gory and painful (well, don't they all?) with waiting list up to a year. That wait is actually better than I was expecting TBH.
Have recently changed my gout tablets from strong anti-inflammatory when i get an attack (although still use when needed) to having a regular pill that controls Uric acid levels in the blood. For those that don't know high Uric Acid levels is what causes gout, kidney stones and bursitis.
Some peoples body doesn't get rid of it me been one so are prone to those things (all painful I'll add).

Anyway apparently when you start the new medication you are prone to an initial rise of Uric Acid hence triggering attacks prior to it sorting it out, its a case of battling through it and coming out the other end.

To answer the question I'm been monitered and due another blood test in december to decide if I'm on the right dosage.