The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We did a similar thing, but on a smaller scale.

Still play now with 3 mates :)
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:When growing up a kid on our estate organised a subbuteo league and got about 30 players, was split into divisions and you visited each others houses to play matches. Ran for about 3 or 4 years until most of us left school.
Exactly the same. For cup matches we used to give a 1 goal head start for each division difference between the teams... Great memories.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

kk_white wrote:
Selby White wrote:When growing up a kid on our estate organised a subbuteo league and got about 30 players, was split into divisions and you visited each others houses to play matches. Ran for about 3 or 4 years until most of us left school.
Exactly the same. For cup matches we used to give a 1 goal head start for each division difference between the teams... Great memories.

Handicapping, eh ??

That's a good idea !

I think breaking fingers might work too, or making them play with their wrong hands.

Incidentally, I'm right-handed for everything but I play Subby left-handed.
The reason ?
I was one of the younger players when I started and kept my "good" hand permanently on the goalie so I wouldn't concede too many.
It works. The number of times I make a worldie save from a quick break :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

On a different note, Its good to be back on the forum once again. I left a few weeks ago because i was frustrated with the way the season was going and i said some stinging words about how i saw things on the forum at the time.

I won't retract what i said but i do apologize in respect of the forum moderators and admin who always do a great job on here and their hearts are always in the right place, even if we at times disagree with each other. The family atmosphere that is on the forum is what keeps me coming back.

This has always been a safe place for me to come to so that i can read in secret, post a few words of my own thoughts etc. I feel like its a web-home so to speak and i can catch up with the many good people who reside here on most days of the week/year. I needed some time away not just from football but i had to deal with some personal things too.

Glad to be back again.

CW.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

CorkWhite wrote:On a different note, Its good to be back on the forum once again. I left a few weeks ago because i was frustrated with the way the season was going and i said some stinging words about how i saw things on the forum at the time.

I won't retract what i said but i do apologize in respect of the forum moderators and admin who always do a great job on here and their hearts are always in the right place, even if we at times disagree with each other. The family atmosphere that is on the forum is what keeps me coming back.

This has always been a safe place for me to come to so that i can read in secret, post a few words of my own thoughts etc. I feel like its a web-home so to speak and i can catch up with the many good people who reside here on most days of the week/year. I needed some time away not just from football but i had to deal with some personal things too.

Glad to be back again.

CW.
Good to have you back :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Yep, great to see you back again, mate :)

Hope you stick around !
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Good to have you back Corkie.
I also stopped posting last year over some comments which I took to heart. In truth was a personal situation that just blew them out of proportion.
I could only stay away a short while though because, as you said, many good people reside here :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Great to have you back CW, you were missed. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

F*&K off CW

:D

Welcome back, hope you got things sorted :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome back Corky, like others pleased to have you here :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.