The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Thanks Guys, :thumbup: Its good to be back again.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Welcome back Cork :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Strayed into BB's part of the world yesterday evening.

We often go for a stroll after evening meal so had a walk around Barlow Nature reserve. Lots of wildlife on show but absolutely over run with rabbits it was crazy with them.
Highlight was spotting a Fox, majestic looking creature only about 20 yards in front of us on the path for a few seconds until it ran off into the bushes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Strayed into BB's part of the world yesterday evening.

We often go for a stroll after evening meal so had a walk around Barlow Nature reserve. Lots of wildlife on show but absolutely over run with rabbits it was crazy with them.
Highlight was spotting a Fox, majestic looking creature only about 20 yards in front of us on the path for a few seconds until it ran off into the bushes.
When we first moved into Barlow, 14 years ago, it was absolutely beautiful at the reserve and we were there every weekend. It was commonplace to see foxes, sometimes with cubs, strolling around.

From memory, I think something happened to the wardens/volunteers who used to care for the place, and it went downhill fast. Not been up there for a while, will have to give it a go.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Strayed into BB's part of the world yesterday evening.

When we first moved into Barlow, 14 years ago, it was absolutely beautiful at the reserve and we were there every weekend. It was commonplace to see foxes, sometimes with cubs, strolling around.

From memory, I think something happened to the wardens/volunteers who used to care for the place, and it went downhill fast. Not been up there for a while, will have to give it a go.
Think they are having a go at improving it, few extra seats scattered about carved from tree trunks.
Plenty of picnic tables around the office/toilet area. Footpaths are also good.
It's a decent short stroll from the car park to do the full circuit, we occasionally take our lunch and picnic there.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I may be wrong but was convinced I saw Steve McClaren in Selby this morning. :shock:
If not him it was his double.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:I may be wrong but was convinced I saw Steve McClaren in Selby this morning. :shock:
If not him it was his double.
Are Selby Town looking for a manager? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Jermain Defoe awarded an OBE. It's actually for his charitable work in St lucia (where his grandparents came from), but his efforts with Bradley Lowery (sp?) were very special too.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I see Fenella Fielding picked one up for services to drama and charity.
She's 94.
I think that's almost an insult, like they're just casting around for anyone who hasn't had one ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see there has been talk about a bridge from somewhere in Scotland to somewhere in Northern Ireland. The most important issue is the requirement for a notice on the Scotland side which says: 'Have you remembered your umbrella'.
I once played against Don Revie.