The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

johnh wrote:36 celsius yesterday. Saw it was 21 in Belfast, Davy must have had the air conditioning on all day.
36C - that's 96.8 fahrenheit.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:36 celsius yesterday. Saw it was 21 in Belfast, Davy must have had the air conditioning on all day.
26 I wish 33 here this week in Portugal (air conditioning is on believe me) :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I know NW likes a crossword. I like the general knowledge kind, though occasionally, there are some obscure questions. Doing the Sunday Times one today and one of the questions broke the record. Clue: In Monty Python's cheese shop sketch, the one mentioned after Venezuelan beaver cheese (7). I guessed and guessed right (checked it on You tube) :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:I know NW likes a crossword. I like the general knowledge kind, though occasionally, there are some obscure questions. Doing the Sunday Times one today and one of the questions broke the record. Clue: In Monty Python's cheese shop sketch, the one mentioned after Venezuelan beaver cheese (7). I guessed and guessed right (checked it on You tube) :D
Not much call for it 'round these parts.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

On the plane home this afternoon from Faro and a young fella about 19 was wearing a Crystal Palace face mask. Sitting waiting at the gate a couple of scum supporters started joking amongst themselves taking the pee out of him. A rather burly fella leaned over to them and told them fair play to him, he's not a glory hunter etc etc so shut up and he put the fear of god in them. Quite a few Liverpool tattoos on his arms. My liking of Liverpool has went up a notch.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had a letter published in the Telegraph Sport today. First for a while. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Had a letter published in the Telegraph Sport today. First for a while. :thumbup:
Presumably you were advertising this great forum Sir John :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Had a letter published in the Telegraph Sport today. First for a while. :thumbup:
Once had a guided tour around their offices interesting to learn and see how big an operation putting a paper together is.

I'd been selected with some other folk to be interviewed for a holiday company promotional video and it was done in the telegraph studio.

Unfortunately my effort didn't get picked presumably to do with me objecting to the make up artist powering my nose :shock:

Still all expenses trip to London along with a nice lunch and evening meal I can't complain. :D .
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Decided to upgrade to sky sports today. Phoned sky and asked if they could do me a deal. Ended up with the full package, sports, movies, box sets, Netflix etc for £6 less than what I was paying before. I put it down to my northern charm.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

cheffy007 wrote:Decided to upgrade to sky sports today. Phoned sky and asked if they could do me a deal. Ended up with the full package, sports, movies, box sets, Netflix etc for £6 less than what I was paying before. I put it down to my northern charm.
Crazy isn’t it mate, I got SKY multi room, the full works, Sports, Movies, the lot, with HD package on both systems for £13 a month less than what I was already paying.

I tried similar with BT, and got BT Sport 2 & BT Sport 3 (I already got BT Sport 1 with the broadband) for a tenner for the year.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.