The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Brilliant
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I had the chance to go and see Royal Blood at the Brighton Centre last Wednesday, my son had tickets, i said i`d go but after thinking about it decided to pull out over concerns of being in a packed arena with Covid still about.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Is there nothing the great man can’t do :D

https://twitter.com/itvracing/status/14 ... 32133?s=21
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Is there nothing the great man can’t do :D

https://twitter.com/itvracing/status/14 ... 32133?s=21
I see "Just Frank" was pulled up in 22nd place wonder who he was named after ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:I had the chance to go and see Royal Blood at the Brighton Centre last Wednesday, my son had tickets, i said i`d go but after thinking about it decided to pull out over concerns of being in a packed arena with Covid still about.
Shame that LA.

We did a theatre show in London last week but we thought long and hard whether to go for much the same reasons.
Decided to go and enjoyed it, they were checking on the door that people could prove they were double jabbed (which we are) or had a test.
Insisted on masks when moving about but not when seated.

Just taking the attitude we have to live with it and starting to do stuff but taking what precautions we can (mask, hand gels, etc).
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:I had the chance to go and see Royal Blood at the Brighton Centre last Wednesday, my son had tickets, i said i`d go but after thinking about it decided to pull out over concerns of being in a packed arena with Covid still about.
Shame that LA.

We did a theatre show in London last week but we thought long and hard whether to go for much the same reasons.
Decided to go and enjoyed it, they were checking on the door that people could prove they were double jabbed (which we are) or had a test.

Just taking the attitude we have to live with it and starting to do stuff but taking what precautions we can (mask, hand gels, etc).
Take your point SW, we have just had a short and we were happy to go to restaurants and pubs which were all being run well, but I considered being part of a 4000 strong audience, mainly of a younger age group a bit risky.
I am a life long Asthma sufferer and although I have it under control at the moment, i am a little more wary.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Shame that LA.

Take your point SW, we have just had a short and we were happy to go to restaurants and pubs which were all being run well, but I considered being part of a 4000 strong audience, mainly of a younger age group a bit risky.
I am a life long Asthma sufferer and although I have it under control at the moment, i am a little more wary.
We have got very choosey to which Pubs & Restaurants we go to, if not happy with the way they do things or overcrowded it's a no.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Feet up day off today as got a sore knee, result of lots of digging in the garden among other things such as getting old.

Need to get it right so had ice pack on it earlier as got my first competitive table tennis match for 18 month on thursday evening, not a easy one either as playing team who finished just above us in the Doncaster League two seasons back (was no league since).
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Went down into Maidenhead this morning. Had a hair cut, got straight in a chair, only one other customer in there. Went up the high street and it was almost deserted. Got a few bits and pieces in M&S and went home. No problem parking either. The traffic is quite busy, almost a 'back to normal' situation but it doesn't replicate in the shopping centre.
I once played against Don Revie.