The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

There's been a distinct rise in "big" crimes around here of late : there's a serial arsonist, targeting caravans mostly, and also a number of murders. The latter have been steady, maybe one every month for about the last four or five, and unrelated but it makes you wonder what's going on out there.

Three have been either in common parkland or the body has been dumped there.

Savagery is on the increase ..
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:FA Cup question

What have the following 5 teams got in common ?

Birmingham City
Scum
Burnley
Stoke City
Wolves

I don't know...????
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Frankie wrote:

Birmingham City
Scum
Burnley
Stoke City
Wolves

I don't know...????
This one is a good question.
We've beaten Scum, Brum & Wolves in FA cup semis but Burnley and Stoke cancel that out from been the answer.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:There's been a distinct rise in "big" crimes around here of late : there's a serial arsonist, targeting caravans mostly, and also a number of murders. The latter have been steady, maybe one every month for about the last four or five, and unrelated but it makes you wonder what's going on out there.

It’s happening everywhere Rigger, only the other day, a note was put on our village noticeboard that some dog mess had been left on the playing field.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote:There's been a distinct rise in "big" crimes around here of late : there's a serial arsonist, targeting caravans mostly, and also a number of murders. The latter have been steady, maybe one every month for about the last four or five, and unrelated but it makes you wonder what's going on out there.

It’s happening everywhere Rigger, only the other day, a note was put on our village noticeboard that some dog mess had been left on the playing field.
Yeah, riding a bike without lights is on the increase here in Pinkneys Green. (particularly during the daytime :D )
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yeah, riding a bike without lights is on the increase here in Pinkneys Green. (particularly during the daytime :D )
Need to get more of those cyclist police with sub machine guns ... blooming cut backs no wonder things are on the rise.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

I was 'taken' to B'ham Xmas market yesterday which was really good.
Rammed with people, but no rain, which made it very hard to get my phone out every time it buzzed with a match update from that very nice Mr+15, he's a good man despite what people say about him? ;)
We had the proverbial hot pulled pork cob with lashings of apple sauce & stuffing, large hot mince pie & large cup of hot mulled wine, very Xmassy! :angel:
Anyways ont way home we stopped at a motorway services for the old comfort break and I noticed diesel £151.9p/litre! :o
Bit further along our journey decided we needed to fill up so pulled into Tesco's at Ashby, diesel £127.9p/litre! :wtf:
24p/litre difference! :crazy:
Mind you my dear old Dad used to moan about this half a century ago, so nowt new there I guess? :roll:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Selby White wrote:
Frankie wrote:

Birmingham City
Scum
Burnley
Stoke City
Wolves

I don't know...????
This one is a good question.
We've beaten Scum, Brum & Wolves in FA cup semis but Burnley and Stoke cancel that out from been the answer.

Does it have anything to do with ex-players?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

They all play in claret and blue except Birmingham, Scum, Stoke and Wolves.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just bought one of these each for the daughter & son in law for Christmas, signed by the man himself.

Winner of the Europa League