The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Sniffer wrote:I'm sure most people will have seen this infuriating film already but The Damned United is on BBC4 at 9 o'clock tonight.
Hated Clough with a passion and refused to watch it when it came out, nothings changed so won't be bothering tonight. :twisted:
What annoyed me most was the way the players were portrayed. My idols portrayed as 1 dimensional idiots. Made my blood boil. I may watch it again just to shout at the telly.
Agree just seen clips and it certainly is exactly as you describe, saw it as a dig at us.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:
Sniffer wrote:I'm sure most people will have seen this infuriating film already but The Damned United is on BBC4 at 9 o'clock tonight.
Hated Clough with a passion and refused to watch it when it came out, nothings changed so won't be bothering tonight. :twisted:
Well don't ever drive between Nottingham and Derby as you'll be on Brian Clough Way for 12 miles or so. (Mind you it's the only thing the two cities can agree upon :lol: )
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:

This, I started to watch it when it first came out but it was so biased towards Clough it was unbelievable. John Giles according to this film was over 6’.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Never watched it and don't think I will. Shame though as I think Michael Sheen is fantastic at playing famous people.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Nice wee surprise from the daughter. Took the paper boy a bit of time but he got here!

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had the most violent thunderstorm ever last night. Reminded me of my Singapore/Malaya monsoon experiences. For an hour or more we had lightning, thunder and torrential rain. The lightning was continuous, with hardly a second between flashes. The thunder was just a continuous rumble of noise. I remember once in Singapore, we were sitting in the barrack room with the monsoon storm in progress outside. The beds in the barrack room were metal framed. Everyone was sat on their bed when a bolt of lightning came through the door at one end of the barrack room, zigzagged from bed to bed and out of the door at the other end. It all happened in about a second and left everyone just sat looking at each other. No one was harmed. Last night, I made sure that all the windows were closed shut!
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Elland Road Boy runs in the 13:40 at Chester today. Currently is 13-2
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Elland Road Boy runs in the 13:40 at Chester today. Currently is 13-2
Don't normally bet on horses but have a few quid in my account so a cheeky couple of quid on the nose.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Elland Road Boy runs in the 13:40 at Chester today. Currently is 13-2
Don't normally bet on horses but have a few quid in my account so a cheeky couple of quid on the nose.
I see one of the owners is Clipper Logistics, which, presumably, explains the name.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see there was a 300 -1 winner at Leopardstown yesterday.
I once played against Don Revie.