The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I just got woken up by a delivery from my own employer.
It was my bonus for working throughout the Covid crisis.

I think most of you know who I work for but I'm not sure I should name them in this post.
Let's just say it's a courier company. American. Brown uniforms.

I toyed with starting a new thread on this but decided against it because I'm not that surprised to be honest.
Jeanna, my partner, works for Waitrose and they received an extra £100 in their pay packets for the first three months as well as a more generous staff discount - and it's pretty good already.
Most companies have done something, many using it as a PR exercise at the same time and I honestly don't blame them for that at all, given my background in advertising.

I'm actually toying with the idea of going to the papers but I'd probably lose my job if I did that and at this particular juncture I don't think that would be a great idea ..

Anyway.
Here's a picture of the packet that was delivered :

It's about the same size as the box a new smartphone would come in and weights about twice as much, ie about 1lb or so. Half a bag of sugar.

Can anyone guess what's inside ?
What my reward is for working every minute of the Covid-crisis period ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

New smartphone :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Reading the tone of your post, I’m getting the feeling you’re not particularly impressed with whatever it is.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Donald Trump's brain ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

Mr Russell wrote:Donald Trump's brain ;)
A substance very, very close to that .. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Barlow Boy wrote:Reading the tone of your post, I’m getting the feeling you’re not particularly impressed with whatever it is.
Exactly.

And NW, it's not a new phone, no :geek:
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

I genuinely hope its something that you will use on a regular basis or need on a regular basis. I know that whatever life throws at us some people deserve a bit of good fortune every so often, those who have been on the front line over these past few months none more so. Your job requires you to be at peoples doors from what I can imagine where you are handling stuff which can be in someway dangerous depending on the people you deal with. So a front liner you have been and your company should reward you with something that says thank you for not only putting your life at risk on a minute to minute basis but having to deal with people who are under a lot of gradual stress as this covid-19 stupidity has gone on.

Whatever is inside i hope your happy with it but i suspect your not as the ratio from big companies never reflect the whole picture and usually it's just of token value Rigger. regardless of what it is you're still here with us mate, and that above all else is priceless and most that matters after putting yourself in danger for countless days doing what you do best.

MOT
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:I genuinely hope its something that you will use on a regular basis or need on a regular basis. I know that whatever life throws at us some people deserve a bit of good fortune every so often, those who have been on the front line over these past few months none more so. Your job requires you to be at peoples doors from what I can imagine where you are handling stuff which can be in someway dangerous depending on the people you deal with. So a front liner you have been and your company should reward you with something that says thank you for not only putting your life at risk on a minute to minute basis but having to deal with people who are under a lot of gradual stress as this covid-19 stupidity has gone on.

Whatever is inside i hope your happy with it but i suspect your not as the ratio from big companies never reflect the whole picture and usually it's just of token value Rigger. regardless of what it is you're still here with us mate, and that above all else is priceless and most that matters after putting yourself in danger for countless days doing what you do best.

MOT
Hear Hear! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I'll take a wild stab that it's a camera, not a decent one but those throw away ones.

Only reason I guess that but one company I worked for did that.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Thank you for the kind words but I'm not directly on the front-line : I'm a "pre-loader", which means I start at 04:00 and spend four hours putting packages on vans. Typically, it's four vans and about 600 parcels on any given day. They can be anything from a padded envelope (maybe 1%) to a tractor tyre, an engine block, construction parts, medical supplies, paddling pools (loads right now), free weights (love those !) as well as things like printer paper, clothing, shoes, etc.

I feel like I've done my time with Joe Public having been in retail for twenty plus years earlier in my - ha ! - career.

Some people live to work .. I work to live.
I am glad I've got a job in these troubling times, but this is a bit of a kick in the teeth and a fine example of higher management that's WAY out of touch with the shopfloor.