The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 1022

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Bumped into an old buddy over the weekend & he looked to be struggling with his knees, he said that he couldn't work as he is awaiting knee replacements. He told me that just coming up to 12 months ago he was made redundant & he went to sign on only to be told he could sign on but he would get no money as he had too much savings. Now this guy would walk a mile to get 10p off an item & has been saving for his retirement for ages. Despite his pleadings that his savings were to help him once he retired as he has no work or private pension he was told to come back when his savings were gone. I left him near to tears & really felt sorry for him.
It sounds like "I Daniel Blake all over again" but this time he's got too much money. :crazy: A mate of mine has a bird in Germany and she has been made redundant but because she has paid into the system receive a years full salary to aid her back into work.

If I was your mate (he's probably not as corrupt as me) I would draw enough money out to take me below the threshold, pop into afew Bookies, tell the Dwp your a gambler and you had delusions that you could win some money to make up for the money the state won't provide. Instead give the money to a trusted family member then claim the money from the state. After all he's earned it by contributing. I no its a pittance, but its better than nowt.
agreed 100%, The man has worked so he does deserve something from the government. I really despise how governments mess you about. I would be like you VHTM. I learned when i was young not to be like my dad in respects of being too honest, as the saying goes there is honesty and then there is stupid honesty. I would see how stupidly honest my dad was when i was a kid and then watch him wondering why he got nowt when we lived in Halifax. I grew up with a bit more of a neck on me and i too would be slightly corrupt when i have to be. I wouldn't go a far as saying i'm dishonest in that regard of stealing or taking money deliberately for the sake of it from the government etc. but if i believe i have a right to something then i will tell a few white one's to get it. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Pain clinic for me at 10:30 to have a steroid injection in my back. At least I now I'm in for a few pain free weeks ahead.
Bit of a shock yesterday, normally I go to a pain clinic a few miles from home but this time as the clinic has run out of funding I had to go to The Queens Medical Cenrte which is a massive hospital in Nottingham. After eventually finding the building & the part of the building I needed to be in it was already turning into a long day. Eventually some 30 minutes late I'm called through & difference here was the injections were going to be done in a theatre so I have get undressed & scrubbed up. Sat in cubicle for another 90 minutes I'm ' wheeled ' through to theatre to see my normal ' pain ' doctor who then says behind my back I'm sorry the 1st injection is going to hurt & the second & third a little more. As the needle entered the 1st time I let out a cry of pain & next 2 I thought I was going to pass out. Anyway I'm sat at home not pain free will with a dull ache. So am planning a couple of days away next week as I should be proper fit for the first time in several months.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Pain clinic for me at 10:30 to have a steroid injection in my back. At least I now I'm in for a few pain free weeks ahead.
Bit of a shock yesterday, normally I go to a pain clinic a few miles from home but this time as the clinic has run out of funding I had to go to The Queens Medical Cenrte which is a massive hospital in Nottingham. After eventually finding the building & the part of the building I needed to be in it was already turning into a long day. Eventually some 30 minutes late I'm called through & difference here was the injections were going to be done in a theatre so I have get undressed & scrubbed up. Sat in cubicle for another 90 minutes I'm ' wheeled ' through to theatre to see my normal ' pain ' doctor who then says behind my back I'm sorry the 1st injection is going to hurt & the second & third a little more. As the needle entered the 1st time I let out a cry of pain & next 2 I thought I was going to pass out. Anyway I'm sat at home not pain free will with a dull ache. So am planning a couple of days away next week as I should be proper fit for the first time in several months.
Where you heading NW ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

York booked a right swanky hotel as we haven't been away for ages so thought bugger it. The Dean Court our room overlooks the Minster, amazing if you crack jokes with the receptionist, especially as she had a bad morning what little bit more you can squeeze. Now today it's off to the station to book our tickets & then it's checking out a couple of decent restaurants & bars.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Also intending to spend a day at The Kirk Museum or whatever they call it these days ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:York booked a right swanky hotel as we haven't been away for ages so thought bugger it. The Dean Court our room overlooks the Minster, amazing if you crack jokes with the receptionist, especially as she had a bad morning what little bit more you can squeeze. Now today it's off to the station to book our tickets & then it's checking out a couple of decent restaurants & bars.
Nice one, great spot to stay close to some nice cosy pubs :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
Nice one, great spot to stay close to some nice cosy pubs :thumbup:
Yeah we've had a drink in there before & were always struck with how friendly the staff were. Last couple of times we've visited York we've eaten at The Cote Brasserie which we have enjoyed but fancy a change. One night will be a bar meal the next a nice restaurant. Half the fun is the planning spending time on trip advisor & deciding. To be honest there are cheaper places to have booked but as you say the hotel is in a great spot & weather willing we intend to get there early, already checked we can drop our bags off & finish off the cats, don't like to do half a job :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:York booked a right swanky hotel as we haven't been away for ages so thought bugger it. The Dean Court our room overlooks the Minster, amazing if you crack jokes with the receptionist, especially as she had a bad morning what little bit more you can squeeze. Now today it's off to the station to book our tickets & then it's checking out a couple of decent restaurants & bars.
Absolutely love York, going there on Friday on the hunt for some Christmas presents, then I’ll be back there for the full blown Christmas market. It gets absolutely packed, particularly with tourists, but the atmosphere is fantastic and you can pick up some really unusual pressies.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I might bump into you then as I'll be in York from tomorrow afternoon till Sunday lunchtime .. or the area, at least.
I'm driving up first thing tomorrow, taking a brunch detour to Lincoln to see an old mate, then heading up to Selby to stay with another friend who recently moved there with his good lady from Haxby.
Looking forward to trying those Yorkie wraps - his daughter is a chef for the firm and if her breakfast is anything to go by they should be stunning ! (I hasten to add she cooked a big family brekkie one morning after a drunken matchday, before any of you jump to filthy conclusions).

Not sure what the plan is, but I'll probably be roaming the streets and pubs of York on the Friday. Saturday will probably be a more sedate affair in Selby itself.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Seems over the next few days we are all going to visiting York, shows we have taste :D