The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Si
Nice one !
Where are you going ??
My sister married a Zimbo 20+ years ago and has been down that way ever since. They're in Bryanston in Jo'burg now - I've been down loads and nearly moved over there a couple of years ago.
Pirates is my team :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:Si
Nice one !
Where are you going ??
My sister married a Zimbo 20+ years ago and has been down that way ever since. They're in Bryanston in Jo'burg now - I've been down loads and nearly moved over there a couple of years ago.
Pirates is my team :D
I know I'm going to Southern South Africa, I think either Jo'burg or Cape Town. One of them I'm staying in, the other I stop off at or get the hired car from. :D
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hmmm ... it's a big place, you know ? Jo'burg is in the north east, Durban's on the south east (Indian Ocean) coast while Cape Town is WAAAAY over on the west coast, right down the bottom of the continent. If you were to drive from Jo'burg to Cape Town, it would take you a day even if there were two of you taking turns.
You can get direct flights to Cape Town from London - they're common enough - but sometimes you stop at Jo' and change there.

Either way, it's a beautiful country with friendly locals.
Don't worry about the crime thing too much - you probably won't be going to the townships where most of it happens, but obviously be wary of flashing cash, waving your phone about or carrying a big camera around. Just use your head, really.

You'll find it really cheap, too - I mean, everything compared to the UK.

Oh, and the ratio of single women to straight men in Cape Town is something silly like 8:1 :D
It's the gay capital of the southern hemisphere so there's always loads going on and lots of lovely ladies to play with - have fun !
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Where's everyone drinking before the Brighton game ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I'll probably be in the Pav for a couple mate ;)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:I'll probably be in the Pav for a couple mate ;)

Not sure what we are doing at the moment either Pavilion or Whistlestop. I've met Dave a few times so if it is the Pav then I'll look out for him.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Might be on my own as there are a couple of folk I want to catch up with so it's looking like the Pav for me.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Definitely will be in the Pavilion as well, Phil. Looking forward to catching up.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

ill be lucky to get a drink before the game saturday :thumbdown:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bogdan wrote:Definitely will be in the Pavilion as well, Phil. Looking forward to catching up.
That's great as I say I have a couple of lads I haven't seen for ages so I'd like a beer with them.