The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

I give her indoors a twenty pound note on Feb 18, she gives it back to me on St Patrick's day! And they say romance is dead. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:I give her indoors a twenty pound note on Feb 18, she gives it back to me on St Patrick's day! And they say romance is dead. :D
Its all about balance John. Give and take in that order. :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Back to the Future?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ti ... spartanntp

Noah seems convinced.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Good Man Davy, Mrs SW and myself don't do any of it, will crack some wine tonight but that's it.
Never buy each other presents birthday or Xmas although do birthday cards.
Money saved goes into our joint pot towards holidays, weekend breaks and nights out.
Same here. We buy a card at Birthdays and Christmas, try to buy one present we know the other really wants (within reason) at Christmas but don't bother on birthdays. It's each to their own really no one right no one wrong, just what works for each.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

You couldn't make it up!

Stannah stair lift fitting day today. Fitters arriving at 9.30 am. Set alarm for 8.00 am. In the middle of getting dressed front door bell rings. Her indoors is downstairs and I hear her open door which closes a few seconds later. A short while later the phone rings. I answer on the extension in the bedroom. The guy says 'I'm from Stannah, can you confirm your house number please' . I tell him 'seven', he says ' I've just been to number seven and the lady sent me away'. I go down and let him in. Her indoors misheard him and thought he said he was from 'satnav' and was selling something so sent him away. To be fair, we weren't expecting anyone until 9.30. What a good job the guy did though. Don't need days to start like that though! :crazy:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:You couldn't make it up!

Stannah stair lift fitting day today. Fitters arriving at 9.30 am. Set alarm for 8.00 am. In the middle of getting dressed front door bell rings. Her indoors is downstairs and I hear her open door which closes a few seconds later. A short while later the phone rings. I answer on the extension in the bedroom. The guy says 'I'm from Stannah, can you confirm your house number please' . I tell him 'seven', he says ' I've just been to number seven and the lady sent me away'. I go down and let him in. Her indoors misheard him and thought he said he was from 'satnav' and was selling something so sent him away. To be fair, we weren't expecting anyone until 9.30. What a good job the guy did though. Don't need days to start like that though! :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

You never know who is at the door!

Front door bell rang this afternoon, daughter answered the door, came back into the lounge and said 'the Prime Minister is at the door'. I said 'invite her in' and in comes Theresa May. She spent about 10 minutes chatting and was very personable. Very unexpected but can always say that the PM has been in our house!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

What ?? :wtf:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:You never know who is at the door!

Front door bell rang this afternoon, daughter answered the door, came back into the lounge and said 'the Prime Minister is at the door'. I said 'invite her in' and in comes Theresa May. She spent about 10 minutes chatting and was very personable. Very unexpected but can always say that the PM has been in our house!
Watch out John, inviting a Tory into your home can get you excommunicated !!!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:You never know who is at the door!

Sorry Sir John, but is this is serious post ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.