The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Cheers guys still aching but nothing like it was this morning. All the doctors are doing prescribing various pain killers is papering over the cracks. No alcohol for awhile so I'll have to watch Leeds sober tomorrow night :roll:
I had chronic back pain for two years NW and i took a combination of two cheap medicines here in the Philippines. I could buy them over the counter here but i don't think so in the UK. Mefanamic acid - (dolphenol) and the other one was called Diclofinac, i took them for about 3 months everyday once a day and after that i decided to not take them anymore because they eased all the stresses in my back so that the muscles and nerves fell back into place. I haven't had a back pain or any medicines in over 15 months now. A lot of the time back pains are initially excruciating but we stress the back more by worrying about it more which in itself can cause the muscles to tense up further.

Can you walk freely or do you have to grab onto the walls like I had to to (hope this isn't a silly question mate) If you can, try a little walk around the block once a day or further if you can do so. Don't over do it as too much walking can also put more strain on the back, but a light walk should help
Deleted User 5081

My laptop got the blue screen of death last night after the recent windows update. A few times while working yesterday my laptop froze and i had to restart it then after work last night it decided to pack itself off to restarting itself on its own. At the loading up screen it decided to tell me with a beautiful and yet ugly blue screen windows couldn't restart so i choose to try and do a sytem restore which it began doing.

After the restore was done it gave me more heart ache grrrrrr wouldn't start up. so even though i didn't want to do it i had to choose a complete reset. It took me about 4-5 hours of waiting for it to be done then windows started updating more stuff after that. I have to say though that the laptop is now working faster and better than it was before any issues. Although it saved my general files there were many work related apps and programs that were deleted. I still recommend a complete reset once a year to help with laptops and PC's They run so smoothly after its done and it cleans up the whole system. Happy again now.

You won't get rid of me that fast......
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

CorkWhite wrote:
Can you walk freely or do you have to grab onto the walls like I had to to (hope this isn't a silly question mate) If you can, try a little walk around the block once a day or further if you can do so. Don't over do it as too much walking can also put more strain on the back, but a light walk should help
It's certainly affecting my balance, sometimes I have to grab something to get me steady, I'm sure folk think I'm drunk. Anyway I think the doctor has given me a double session on Monday as I think I frightened her this morning. I was in so much pain in the surgery a lady went to reception & the receptionist must have pressed a buzzer or something because 4 doctors all appeared at once :oops: As I said earlier if it means going down the private route then that's the route I'll be going down.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

NottinghamWhite wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
It's certainly affecting my balance, sometimes I have to grab something to get me steady, I'm sure folk think I'm drunk. Anyway I think the doctor has given me a double session on Monday as I think I frightened her this morning. I was in so much pain in the surgery a lady went to reception & the receptionist must have pressed a buzzer or something because 4 doctors all appeared at once :oops: As I said earlier if it means going down the private route then that's the route I'll be going down.
Unfortunately the private route is probably the best choice for you. It will get seen to quicker and you can then take action quicker on the remedy. I hope it will be okay for you long term NW.

MOT
Deleted User 5081

CorkWhite wrote:My laptop got the blue screen of death last night after the recent windows update. A few times while working yesterday my laptop froze and i had to restart it then after work last night it decided to pack itself off to restarting itself on its own. At the loading up screen it decided to tell me with a beautiful and yet ugly blue screen windows couldn't restart so i choose to try and do a sytem restore which it began doing.

After the restore was done it gave me more heart ache grrrrrr wouldn't start up. so even though i didn't want to do it i had to choose a complete reset. It took me about 4-5 hours of waiting for it to be done then windows started updating more stuff after that. I have to say though that the laptop is now working faster and better than it was before any issues. Although it saved my general files there were many work related apps and programs that were deleted. I still recommend a complete reset once a year to help with laptops and PC's They run so smoothly after its done and it cleans up the whole system. Happy again now.

You won't get rid of me that fast......
I think i should back track a little and say it started freezing up again not long after this post was sent. Its not playing nice at all. The laptop is only 6 months old too..... :thumbdown:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

CorkWhite wrote:The laptop is only 6 months old too..... :thumbdown:
Warranty ??
Deleted User 5081

rigger wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:The laptop is only 6 months old too..... :thumbdown:
Warranty ??
That's what i was thinking also but when i checked i'm out of date by one week as they only give 6 months to the date and not one year as i thought it should be :thumbdown:

I do have a friend who knows a thing or two about computers so i might entrust him to take a look at it instead but i suspect it could be one of two things, My Ram is being overused and is somewhat burned out in some way, (combination of usage and the heat in the Philippines)

Secondly the hardrive has some files corrupted during the start up. I have managed to tweak one or two issues with the system using the advanced options and turning off the sleep mode and its allowing me to take more than 5 minutes away from the laptop without it freezing again. so here's hoping.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I take it you didn't buy it from new then ??
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Heard earlier today I lost a good friend and former table tennis team mate last night.
Apparently he collapsed while a match (heart attack?) and couldn't be revived.
Sadly just over 2 month ago another friend died in exactly the same circumstances.
Both were in their early 70s but in good health so both unexpected.
In the 12 month in top of these have lost 2 ex work mates and 3 cousins.
Certainly passes on the message live for today.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

So sorry to hear that Selby.

Afraid I've had the same run. In last 2 years lost my father, brother (45 years old), 2 Aunts, 2 cousins and a 2 longtime friends (50 and 49). All bar the 2 old Aunts were well before their time.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay