The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Don’t really do tennis but I can’t help seeing the 18 year old Radacanu of Britain is in the semi-final of the US Open.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Don’t really do tennis but I can’t help seeing the 18 year old Radacanu of Britain is in the semi-final of the US Open.
I watched it yesterday, it’s unbelievable for a young girl of her age.

The commentators were saying she’ll be a multi millionaire by the weekend :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

My son in law has managed to get tickets for the West Ham game for him & my 7 year old grandson. This will be Sams first Leeds United game. Can’t wait to see photos of the day. Plus yesterday my granddaughter attended school for the first time :D
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

For those interested, the US Open tennis final will be shown on Channel 4 tonight.

Good luck Emma. :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Talk about coincidence.

Currently in London and Mrs SW decided to book us into a theatre show this afternoon, got one called "come from away"

Didn't have a clue what it was about and turned out to be the true Story of a small town in Canada (Middle of nowhere) that they landed some of the planes on 9/11. The locals looked after 9000 people for 5 days taking them into their homes.

Turned out good didn't fall asleep once.

But the coincidence we booked it exactly 20 years to the day without knowing :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Back yesterday from 3 nights in Chippenham, Wiltshire, we went with 3 other couples and had a great time, went to Bath for the day on Thursday and on Friday morning went to the Dundas Viaduct, then in the afternoon went to Lacock which is a beautiful village where a lot of period dramas are filmed, also Harry Potter is filmed at the Abbey there. The Abbey was home to William Fox Talbot who was the founder of photography, all in all a great few days away.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!

http://radio.garden/live
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!

Utterly amazing NW
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!

It’s quiet addictive is that ;)
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

This is great fun, NW.

I've stolen it and posted it on a hi-fi forum which I'm on, and folks are loving it.

Great shout. :clap: