The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Absolute glorious day down here today after a wet and dreary day yesterday, only problem will be the seafront will be very busy. :thumbdown:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Absolute glorious day down here today after a wet and dreary day yesterday, only problem will be the seafront will be very busy. :thumbdown:
Keep hearing about heavy snowfalls all over the country, still haven't seen a flake here in Berkshire.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just had a far busier day than I planned. Had to take my car in for its MOT this morning, passed OK (mind you, only did about 900 miles this last 12 months!) Was expecting a leisurely afternoon but the Eye Hospital in Windsor phoned to say they had a cancelled appointment and could give her indoors her eye injection this afternoon. Hospital about 12 miles away. Got there just before 3 pm and quickly sussed that three other people had obviously been given the same appointment time. Her indoors was the last in the queue. Took an hour and a half to get a 5 minute injection, then caught the start of the rush hour traffic on the way home. Feeling a little delicate at the moment, not used to days when lots of things happen. :shock:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been to the mini supermarket to get a couple of urgently needed items. Bill came to £41 and the bag was quite heavy. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Computer learning for seniors. The lecturer split up the class into men and women and for a bit of fun asked them to determine if the gender of computers should be male or female.

The men presented their findings - Gender = Female

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.

2. When computers communicate with each other, they speak in code language that only they and experts understand.

3.Every mistake you make is stored on their hard drive for later retrieval.

4. Because as soon as you commit to one you find yourself spending half your wages on accessorising it.

The ladies presented their findings, Gender = Male.

1. First of all, in order to get their attention you have to turn them on.

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems but half the time they are the problem.

4. As soon as you commit to one you realise that if you had waited a little longer you could have got a better model.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Amazing, scary and sad but that's nature.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Amazing, scary and sad but that's nature.
Yeah, I’m in the ‘sad’ camp on that one. I know it’s nature etc, but I struggle to watch stuff like that, along with all nature programmes.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been watching some 'Cheers' on Youtube. Without a doubt, the funniest, best written, best characterisation to come out of the USofA, ever.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

johnh wrote:Just been watching some 'Cheers' on Youtube. Without a doubt, the funniest, best written, best characterisation to come out of the USofA, ever.
Frasier is a really good side show from that