The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I prefer the show before it from the same creators, Taxi.

I think the writing was tighter and also dafter, which I like.

Cheers started to wane a bit for me when Kirstie Alley replaced Shelley Long.
Still brilliant - and I rewatched the entire run about four years ago - but Taxi was genius and remains up there with Seinfeld and Curb for me :)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

psquithy wrote:
johnh wrote:Just been watching some 'Cheers' on Youtube. Without a doubt, the funniest, best written, best characterisation to come out of the USofA, ever.
Frasier is a really good side show from that
Yes I thought Frasier was very good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve a new BP pill & the blooming thing as soon as you pop it into your mouth it’s dissolving, tastes horrible
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Chill out NW, things could be worse. :thumbup:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

For my Birthday last August my wife bought me a share in a racehorse by the name of Wurlitzer from Owners Group,who is with Alan King, the cost was £50 for a year with the option of renewing for the year after, he has run twice, both times showing promise, it has been a good experience with a monthly magazine and video updates e-mailed regularly, i now have a second by the name of Huelgoat who has just moved to Paul Nicnols for pre race fitness work.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve a new BP pill & the blooming thing as soon as you pop it into your mouth it’s dissolving, tastes horrible
Yes, funny things pills. I take several each day and they all go down easily, no problem. That is, except for the warfarin tablets. They are the same size as the others but when you swallow them they stick in the back of your throat. Just won't go down. Usually have two or three goes before they disappear.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:For my Birthday last August my wife bought me a share in a racehorse by the name of Wurlitzer from Owners Group,who is with Alan King, the cost was £50 for a year with the option of renewing for the year after, he has run twice, both times showing promise, it has been a good experience with a monthly magazine and video updates e-mailed regularly, i now have a second by the name of Huelgoat who has just moved to Paul Nicnols for pre race fitness work.
Always fancied owning a racehorse, my old boss and a few of the other directors got involved in a couple. I think they have some now.

Obviously, the cost isn’t cheap, I’ve looked into the syndicates with Mark Johnston previously but never gone through with it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve been having trouble with my mobile for months, it just wouldn’t charge properly. I’d find myself twisting the connection point at a certain angle until it started charging, it’s also been losing battery power very quickly. It’s been driving me absolutely crackers.

In view of lockdown, I’ve not been wanting to go out and get it sorted, but it wouldn’t charge at all this morning, so I’ve nipped into town so someone could have a look. A young kid of about 7 years old came out, took one look, said give me 5 minutes, within two minutes he was back with the phone charging properly. I asked how much and he said no charge, it only took me a minute. I noticed a sponsorship form on the counter, he is doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for his disabled sister to go on holiday. I put £30 on the form, and gave him the money there and then, he was made up.

As the saying goes, everyone’s a winner :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been having trouble with my mobile for months, it just wouldn’t charge properly. I’d find myself twisting the connection point at a certain angle until it started charging, it’s also been losing battery power very quickly. It’s been driving me absolutely crackers.

In view of lockdown, I’ve not been wanting to go out and get it sorted, but it wouldn’t charge at all this morning, so I’ve nipped into town so someone could have a look. A young kid of about 7 years old came out, took one look, said give me 5 minutes, within two minutes he was back with the phone charging properly. I asked how much and he said no charge, it only took me a minute. I noticed a sponsorship form on the counter, he is doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for his disabled sister to go on holiday. I put £30 on the form, and gave him the money there and then, he was made up.

As the saying goes, everyone’s a winner :thumbup:
Nice one BB. :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:I prefer the show before it from the same creators, Taxi.

I think the writing was tighter and also dafter, which I like.

Cheers started to wane a bit for me when Kirstie Alley replaced Shelley Long.
Still brilliant - and I rewatched the entire run about four years ago - but Taxi was genius and remains up there with Seinfeld and Curb for me :)
Yes, I thought Taxi was excellent too. My favourite episode was when the weirdo guy tried to sell a vacuum cleaner and after depositing the rubbish and liquid leftovers all over the carpet, opened his big case to reveal encyclopedias.