The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Just done half my Christmas cards (2) :D But have broken off for a rest as my wrist is aching.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:Been to the dentist today about my lost filling. There was bad news and bad news. The options were: 1. extraction or 2. expensive root filling and capping. As it is right in the place where I chew my food, I am going for the expensive option 2. The other issue is the time factor. The first session is 2 hours, second 1.5 hours. Haven't got the time for the third session yet! :shock:
That’s a long time in the dentists chair Sir John, good luck with it all.

My dentist still dreads the sight of me since I told him I hate needles, and that he had to do an extraction and fillings on me without anaesthetic. I don’t know who is more worried at the start of my appointments, him or me :lol: :lol: :lol:
My granddaughter who qualified as a dentist last year. is currently working in a hospital on dental A&E. She found out that she has to do any injuries from the neck up. So far, she has stitched a rugby player's ear that was half torn off and sorted a fractured jaw. All in addition to her dental work. She is working all over Christmas so I guess she will be busy on Christmas Eve!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Something wrong with the Telegraph app this morning meaning I can’t do the crossword, cryptic crossword & code word so frustrating
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Something wrong with the Telegraph app this morning meaning I can’t do the crossword, cryptic crossword & code word so frustrating
If it's any consolation NW, the code word was a doddle! :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Guardian puzzle page : https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords

And USA Today, which is a larger format and more of a general knowledge quiz but with some cryptic-ish and some quick-ish clues and a theme, which usually accounts for three or four of the longer answers. I've been doing it on and off for over twenty years now and really enjoy it, plus it's taught me a lot about American culture, geography and history too : https://puzzles.usatoday.com/
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Cheers Riggs ;)

All sorted now, thank goodness. As soon as I wake up on a morning the first thing I do are the crosswords & it’s thrown me today that they weren’t available. Funny how you get into a routine.
Appears it was a blip on the app.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Something wrong with the Telegraph app this morning meaning I can’t do the crossword, cryptic crossword & code word so frustrating
If it's any consolation NW, the code word was a doddle! :D
Finished it in 3 minutes 9 seconds. My record is 2 minutes 24 seconds.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote: Finished it in 3 minutes 9 seconds. My record is 2 minutes 24 seconds.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:Have a video interview/check on Saturday. we're at the start of the process of adopting a blind dog (Bruno) from Blind Dog Rescue UK https://www.bdruk.org/ Hope I'm accepted.
Well apparently Bruno will arrive in the UK before Christmas and will possibly have his checks, chipping etc completed before the New Year. Transport to N.Ireland may be a hold up so I checked the Ferries and offered to go foot passenger Belfast - Liverpool return to pick him up. Haven't been as excited at Christmas since I was a nipper.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Davycc wrote:Have a video interview/check on Saturday. we're at the start of the process of adopting a blind dog (Bruno) from Blind Dog Rescue UK https://www.bdruk.org/ Hope I'm accepted.
Well apparently Bruno will arrive in the UK before Christmas and will possibly have his checks, chipping etc completed before the New Year. Transport to N.Ireland may be a hold up so I checked the Ferries and offered to go foot passenger Belfast - Liverpool return to pick him up. Haven't been as excited at Christmas since I was a nipper.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.