The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by PockWhite »

rigger wrote:I might bump into you then as I'll be in York from tomorrow afternoon till Sunday lunchtime .. or the area, at least.
I'm driving up first thing tomorrow, taking a brunch detour to Lincoln to see an old mate, then heading up to Selby to stay with another friend who recently moved there with his good lady from Haxby.
Looking forward to trying those Yorkie wraps - his daughter is a chef for the firm and if her breakfast is anything to go by they should be stunning ! (I hasten to add she cooked a big family brekkie one morning after a drunken matchday, before any of you jump to filthy conclusions).

Not sure what the plan is, but I'll probably be roaming the streets and pubs of York on the Friday. Saturday will probably be a more sedate affair in Selby itself.
If you're using A1/A46 route to Lincoln I'll look out for you and wave as you go past. :D :wave:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote: Not sure what the plan is, but I'll probably be roaming the streets and pubs of York on the Friday. Saturday will probably be a more sedate affair in Selby itself.
If you arrive Thurs or about in Selby Friday afternoon feel free to call for a coffee (or something stronger) you would be more than welcome, can always pm you our address.
I'm actually in York all day Saturday myself but busy all day, its not a social visit.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Seems over the next few days we are all going to visiting York, shows we have taste :D
Thurs night (got a TT match), Friday morning (coaching Mrs SW :crazy: ) and all day Saturday for me.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote: Not sure what the plan is, but I'll probably be roaming the streets and pubs of York on the Friday. Saturday will probably be a more sedate affair in Selby itself.
If you arrive Thurs or about in Selby Friday afternoon feel free to call for a coffee (or something stronger) you would be more than welcome as would any regulars on here, can always pm you our address.
I'm actually in York all day Saturday myself but busy all day, its not a social visit.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:York booked a right swanky hotel as we haven't been away for ages so thought bugger it. The Dean Court our room overlooks the Minster, amazing if you crack jokes with the receptionist, especially as she had a bad morning what little bit more you can squeeze. Now today it's off to the station to book our tickets & then it's checking out a couple of decent restaurants & bars.
If you fancy a curry in York I've been to Akbars a couple of times and enjoyed it.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Thanks for the offers to meet up but I'm in someone else's hands and he's just sent me an itinery of sorts and it involves lots of walking :D

I think the pubs might have to wait for the evenings ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Bring plenty of money for Selby some of the pubs are now charging over £2 a pint ;)
Christ, you barely get change from a fiver where I live :evil:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had an expensive last few days booked a swanky hotel in York, renewed my membership for YCCC, bought a membership for NCCC & this morning for my wife's birthday/Christmas present I've booked us on the Belmond British Pulman for a gastronomic Christmas lunch. The itinerary is basically meet at Nottingham station 20 minutes before we are due to travel then taken onboard where you can relax in comfortable leather armchairs at a champagne reception. This is followed by a 7 course menu with wine. Table magicians come into each carriage doing their magic & there is a choir onboard. The whole thing takes over 6 hours but should be a once in a lifetime thing. Now I'm sitting on my hands for a few months.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had an expensive last few days booked a swanky hotel in York, renewed my membership for YCCC, bought a membership for NCCC & this morning for my wife's birthday/Christmas present I've booked us on the Belmond British Pulman for a gastronomic Christmas lunch. The itinerary is basically meet at Nottingham station 20 minutes before we are due to travel then taken onboard where you can relax in comfortable leather armchairs at a champagne reception. This is followed by a 7 course menu with wine. Table magicians come into each carriage doing their magic & there is a choir onboard. The whole thing takes over 6 hours but should be a once in a lifetime thing. Now I'm sitting on my hands for a few months.
Sounds like the Orient Express :thumbup:
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had an expensive last few days booked a swanky hotel in York, renewed my membership for YCCC, bought a membership for NCCC & this morning for my wife's birthday/Christmas present I've booked us on the Belmond British Pulman for a gastronomic Christmas lunch. The itinerary is basically meet at Nottingham station 20 minutes before we are due to travel then taken onboard where you can relax in comfortable leather armchairs at a champagne reception. This is followed by a 7 course menu with wine. Table magicians come into each carriage doing their magic & there is a choir onboard. The whole thing takes over 6 hours but should be a once in a lifetime thing. Now I'm sitting on my hands for a few months.
:crazy: :o :lolno:

P.S. Sounds fantastic Phil, you smooth devil you, have a great time! :angel: