The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Glad to hear nobody was hurt Dave.

I’ve resorted to my Guide Dog training today, took a big umbrella down to the beach. Those giving me weird looks soon got the gist when I pop it up, and our dog dives under it for shade. I then soaked a towel in water and popped it over him, got him an ice cream and he’s the coolest dog on the beach in more ways than one.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Tarmac melting on the aircraft stands outside our hangar, one damaged tyre and a not too impressed owner who has tar walked all through his planes cream carpet. 1st world problems eh :(
Saw an amusing comment on another website. Someone had posted a thread about a guy who runs in his bare feet. One response was 'what does he do when he runs on tarmac in the current climate?' The next response was 'sets a personal best'!
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Went up in the Pennines walking today around Rishworth moor. Was actually quite pleasant temp low 20s but nice breeze.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:My wife often says to me you're Irishness is coming out when i tell her that the weather is too goddamn hot or that the raining season is not giving enough rain.
Don't I know it Corkie. But without the weather, what would we talk about back home? :D
Davy, how you coping up in Norn Iron?
I'll be up your way at the end of July, keep a bit of dry weather for us please :thumbup:
We're staying in Rostrevor for a few days from the 5th August and will be taking the ferry across to Carlingford for the day. You never know may just get a sneaky pint in.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davy, I think you have been conning us about all the rain in Norn Iron. Just read that a hosepipe ban has been put in force. :shock: :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:
kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:My wife often says to me you're Irishness is coming out when i tell her that the weather is too goddamn hot or that the raining season is not giving enough rain.
Don't I know it Corkie. But without the weather, what would we talk about back home? :D
Davy, how you coping up in Norn Iron?
I'll be up your way at the end of July, keep a bit of dry weather for us please :thumbup:
We're staying in Rostrevor for a few days from the 5th August and will be taking the ferry across to Carlingford for the day. You never know may just get a sneaky pint in.
Bugger. We're heading back south on the 5th. Usually we're flexible, but as I mentioned earlier, my late brothers wife and kids are coming with us, so we're trying to work around more than one schedule.
Brother only passed away last year, so things are still delicate with his kiddies (8 & 5 years). Whatever they want to do will be accommodated...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

All the Thai lads, trapped in the cave, are free. What a fantastic effort by the rescuers under unbelievably difficult circumstances. Some very brave men on this planet.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:All the Thai lads, trapped in the cave, are free. What a fantastic effort by the rescuers under unbelievably difficult circumstances. Some very brave men on this planet.
There’s footage doing the rounds of what they have gone through to save those lads, absolute heroes.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:All the Thai lads, trapped in the cave, are free. What a fantastic effort by the rescuers under unbelievably difficult circumstances. Some very brave men on this planet.
There’s footage doing the rounds of what they have gone through to save those lads, absolute heroes.
Indeed, thoughts go to the family of the diver that drowned, brave people.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been to the chemist on our local small parade of shops. Got there to find serious filming going on. Camera's on tracks, lights and five or six large vans taking up most of the parking. Our chip shop has been converted into a ladies hairdresser's! (true). The girl in the chemist told me that the film was based on a book. She told me the author and the name of the book but forgotten it already.