The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Another scorcher down here on the south coast, had a long walk along the seafront and river here in Littlehampton yesterday, it was looking its very best, so good to see the beach packed and everyone enjoying the sunshine.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, it's been oppressively hot along the coast from you here in Southampton too, LA.
Yesterday and Saturday in particular were real swelterers, with muggy being the understatement of the year.

Went for a walk in the woods yesterday and at one point we just sat on a tree stump for twenty minutes, revelling in the relative cool of the glade :

LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

rigger wrote:Yeah, it's been oppressively hot along the coast from you here in Southampton too, LA.
Yesterday and Saturday in particular were real swelterers, with muggy being the understatement of the year.

Went for a walk in the woods yesterday and at one point we just sat on a tree stump for twenty minutes, revelling in the relative cool of the glade :

I was down your way a couple of weeks ago rigger, played golf at the Southampton Golf Club, very nice it was to, your picture reminded me of it. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Funnily enough, the spot in the photo is called Lords Wood and it's a five minute drive from where I live and it's also adjacent to the golf course, so I'm not surprised it felt familiar :D
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

rigger wrote:Funnily enough, the spot in the photo is called Lords Wood and it's a five minute drive from where I live and it's also adjacent to the golf course, so I'm not surprised it felt familiar :D
I don't suppose you came across any golf balls? :lol:
Deleted User 728

No, and I don't think I should have either, judging by how the two areas line up next to each other - it would need to be one hell of a hook to make it in there !
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

34 degrees C today, here in leafy Berkshire. Maidenhead United play at home this afternoon, going to be a bit hot. I intend staying in my north facing lounge which feels like its got air-conditioning! Incidentally, Maidenhead United played in the first ever FA Cup in 1871. We beat Marlow 2 - 0 in a local derby.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Maidenhead are playing Bromley. Just looking at the Bromley team sheet. Names on there that you would never see when I played.

Kizzi
Okoye
Klass
Mekki
Hackett-Fairchild.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Quite balmy here, nearly hit 21 degrees
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Quite balmy here, nearly hit 21 degrees
Make sure you get that sun bloc on Davy.