The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Article in the Telegraph today states that there are 160 million pieces of space debris hurtling around the earth at 18,000 mph. I bet a lot of it is 'fly tipping'. What we need are rocket bins, green, blue and brown for different types of space debris.Green and blue collections on Tuesday, brown on Friday.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

A mate of mine is bored, and has set us some cryptic clues, the answers being either footballers or football coaches, I’ve got some, e.g ‘Beanstalk climber meets a beetle - Jack Harrison’.

I’m struggling with this one though ‘This guy from the Garden Of England shelters a Welsh singer’ ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 10260

Post by Deleted User 10260 »

Barlow Boy wrote:A mate of mine is bored, and has set us some cryptic clues, the answers being either footballers or football coaches, I’ve got some, e.g ‘Beanstalk climber meets a beetle - Jack Harrison’.

I’m struggling with this one though ‘This guy from the Garden Of England shelters a Welsh singer’ ?
Probably totally wrong but the Garden of England is Kent so think the guy from that is possibly Ken.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:A mate of mine is bored, and has set us some cryptic clues, the answers being either footballers or football coaches, I’ve got some, e.g ‘Beanstalk climber meets a beetle - Jack Harrison’.

First thought was Ryan Kent but not sure of a welsh singer called Ryan. Welsh for sing is canu so maybe Kanu with the K from Kent.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Ken/Kent, Lee for shelter and the Welsh singer could be anyone ..
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks guys, there’s 22 of the bloody things, I’ve got 5 now, but far too intellectual for my liking. Here’s another.....

River dweller, chose a vehicle.

Apparently, the answers can either be literal and/or phonetic and as mentioned are footballers or coaches.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Shouldn't this be in 'Quizzes and Games? Then I could just ignore it. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Shouldn't this be in 'Quizzes and Games? Then I could just ignore it. :D
I can’t even get that bit right Sir John, never mind the questions.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Barlow Boy wrote:Thanks guys, there’s 22 of the bloody things, I’ve got 5 now, but far too intellectual for my liking. Here’s another.....

River dweller, chose a vehicle.

Apparently, the answers can either be literal and/or phonetic and as mentioned are footballers or coaches.
Jordan Pickford
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

LAsouthcoast wrote: Jordan Pickford
:crazy: