The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Frankie wrote:
rigger wrote: All young people should be given real opportunity to discover their own skills and sense of self, which so often doesn't happen happen in the educations system or in the workplace.
Both are finance-led, aren't they ?
OFSTED is a poison on actual education.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:
Frankie wrote:
rigger wrote: All young people should be given real opportunity to discover their own skills and sense of self, which so often doesn't happen happen in the educations system or in the workplace.
Both are finance-led, aren't they ?
OFSTED is a poison on actual education.
Yes. Everything is about the money nowadays. What do they say.... 'The price of everything and the value of nothing.' Short termism and lack of ability to see or be interested in the bigger picture or in investment for the long term is a disease of modern capitalism. Removing necessary basic facilities such as Sure Start and Youth Services, creates more problems and costs more in the long run.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had the week’s highlight a Tesco delivery how easy am I to please these days :D
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had the week’s highlight a Tesco delivery how easy am I to please these days :D
We had a mega exciting day yesterday. I had to go to the GP surgery for my Warfarin test. Daughter came on a visit and we had a Waitrose delivery. Had to go to bed early. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I type this as I lie prone on the floor. It's been a while since my back last played up but the b**g*r has bit me well this time. A weekend on the livingroom floor to look forward to. Funny how you see things in the carpet you don't see standing up!

Edit: Awaits comment about no difference in viewing level = BB :)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:I type this as I lie prone on the floor. It's been a while since my back last played up but the b**g*r has bit me well this time. A weekend on the livingroom floor to look forward to. Funny how you see things in the carpet you don't see standing up!

No jokes mate, my dad had a bad back for years and it was excruciating for him. Hope it gets better soon pal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:I type this as I lie prone on the floor. It's been a while since my back last played up but the b**g*r has bit me well this time. A weekend on the livingroom floor to look forward to. Funny how you see things in the carpet you don't see standing up!

Sorry to hear that Davy. Have been there on a few odd occasions so can sympathise. In addition to lying on the floor, get some heat on it, as hot as you can stand. Hot water bottle is probably best. If you decide on a blow lamp, make sure you don't burn a hole in the carpet.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

My back started playing up beginning of last week and usually consistes of a dull ache for a day or two then goes back to normal, normal being a slight twinge every morning until I loosen up. This has been the worst/longest it's been for several years although the bouts have become more regular. Was meant to have fusion surgery 20 years ago but opted for the "don't be stupid and go do anything to damage your back more," option as it was put to me. Watched the game yesterday standing up - the next step to getting back to normal. Usually goes well from here on fingers crossed. Off today, public holiday so another day to recupreate.

Anyone any experience with spinal fusion?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

On the few occasions I have had a bad back I go to see the Osteopath. Every single time, I have limped in and come out walking on air.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've been lucky enough not to have suffered from a bad back in my 53 years on the planet, but recently I've been feeling more achy than ever : I have a very physical job so it's only natural given my age, I guess. It's the small of the back that bugs me some days - most other "bits" you can stretch out, can't you ? But that bit is hard to reach. Jeanna is a trained massage therapist so she helps with her "thumbs of steel" but sometimes the best thing I've found to do about it is to lie on one of these :

I bought one from Tiger (or Flying Tiger as they may be known now, I'm not sure). It's a Danish chain of shops that sell stationery and bits and pieces for the house. The one pictured isn't quite the same, but it's a strong plastic cylinder made for exercise, that has a thick rubber coating. I put mine on a yoga mat then position it in the small of my back as I lie on top of it. I then lift my legs in the air so I make an L-shape with my body. Then just site like that for five minutes. Do it up against a wall if it makes it easier. Grab a book or your phone and see how long you can last ..

It really helps as it allows the weight of your own body to be used to push the spine back into shape.
I don't know if it's scientifically sound but it works for me :)

The one I got cost £9.99 from https://uk.flyingtiger.com/en-GB
(not the best website - no online shop)