The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Rigger, installed Ghostery. Working fine. Many, many thanks - again. Wish I had a pound for every time I've posted that to you! :D :thumbup:
John, just knowing you is all the thanks any of us need. You give far more to this forum than most :clap:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Rigger, installed Ghostery. Working fine. Many, many thanks - again. Wish I had a pound for every time I've posted that to you! :D :thumbup:
John, just knowing you is all the thanks any of us need. You give far more to this forum than most :clap:
I'm always one to take advantage :D On my Everton website I got a 'pop-up' which asked me to delete the ad blocker. Can you do this for individual sites? It's not absolutely critical as I am a donator to the site, so don't feel guilty. And - thank you for your nice comment. :thumbup: Wouldn't know what to do without LUFCTALK.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

You can indeed choose individual sites for both the extensions I mentioned.
It's a bit like saying that you trust that site and in fact for Ghostery, that's exactly how they named it too.
1. Click on the "blue ghost" logo at the top right of the browser
2. Select "Trust site" on the left of the box that opens up
3. Hover your mouse over that "trust" button for a full explanation of what happens

:)

You can repeat or do the opposite for every single website you visit.
And you can do the same kind of thing with UBlock Origin too, if you install that.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:You can indeed choose individual sites for both the extensions I mentioned.
It's a bit like saying that you trust that site and in fact for Ghostery, that's exactly how they named it too.
1. Click on the "blue ghost" logo at the top right of the browser
2. Select "Trust site" on the left of the box that opens up
3. Hover your mouse over that "trust" button for a full explanation of what happens

:)

You can repeat or do the opposite for every single website you visit.
And you can do the same kind of thing with UBlock Origin too, if you install that.
Rigger, sorry to mess you about. Can''t find the 'blue ghost' logo?
Deleted User 728

Sorry, I'd gone to bed. Up at 2.15am for work these days.

It should be next to the web address bar at the top of the page, on the right ?
If not, click the three dots in the top right corner and it should show up there or under extensions ?

No time now - eating brekkie before leaving. Talk later.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Some bright spark of a neighbour decided on a 'front garden meet' today. Just finished (about an hour) and was b* freezing. I took my bottle of single malt out but it only helped a little. About a dozen turned out.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Absolutely tipping it down here today, wind getting up as well :thumbdown:
Deleted User 728

Yeah, raining hard here all day, too.

Really grey, gloomy and gusty.
But enough about me :shh:

There is one upshot for me about this cold, damp weather : we're so busy at work we're starting an hour earlier than normal, so I'm up at 2.15am for a 3.15am start. If it was my year-round 4.15am start, I would probably have to scrape the car before leaving, adding five minutes or so to my morning routine. I know it's only five minutes, but at that time in the morning it's important. By leaving that much earlier, the frost hasn't had time to ice my car windows.

"Little victories, Godber, little victories .."
Norman Stanley Fletcher
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Yeah, raining hard here all day, too.

Really grey, gloomy and gusty.
But enough about me :shh:

There is one upshot for me about this cold, damp weather : we're so busy at work we're starting an hour earlier than normal, so I'm up at 2.15am for a 3.15am start. If it was my year-round 4.15am start, I would probably have to scrape the car before leaving, adding five minutes or so to my morning routine. I know it's only five minutes, but at that time in the morning it's important. By leaving that much earlier, the frost hasn't had time to ice my car windows.

"Little victories, Godber, little victories .."
Norman Stanley Fletcher
Oh how I miss my alarm going off at 3am

NOT :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Been to the dentist today about my lost filling. There was bad news and bad news. The options were: 1. extraction or 2. expensive root filling and capping. As it is right in the place where I chew my food, I am going for the expensive option 2. The other issue is the time factor. The first session is 2 hours, second 1.5 hours. Haven't got the time for the third session yet! :shock: